< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Director of Curriculum Development
YK Pao School Shanghai (China)
Appointed - Position has been filled
Dec 8, 2015
May 31, 2016
About YK Pao School
– A school for tomorrow’s China
YK Pao School is a pioneering international Chinese school. The school is a non-profit private institution founded in 2007, in memory of shipping magnate Sir Yue-Kong Pao, the renowned Chinese businessman, statesman and philanthropist. With over 1000 students from China and overseas, the school offers a unique Year 1-12 educational programme, combining the most advanced international and Chinese educational curricula and practice.
Pao School’s innovative Chinese-English immersion bilingual educational program nurtures the whole person - the entire emotional, social, physical, and intellectual being – and prepares students to become engaged and responsible global citizens.
Pao School is divided into Primary, Junior Secondary, and Senior Secondary Divisions. Primary Division (Years 1-5) is a day school located in Shanghai’s city centre, while the Junior Secondary Division (Years 6-8) and Senior Secondary Division (Years 9-12) are located in Shanghai’s Songjiang District providing UK/US boarding education (day school option is also available). Pao School offers the IGCSE curriculum and is IB world school.
- Bi-lingual in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- A recognised teaching qualification; preferably a Masters Degree in Education/Administration.
- Previous school leadership experience in a senior position; previous experience working in a bi-lingual environment; knowledge of dual-immersion language programmes.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills; an excellent team player.
- Good sense of humour and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a pro-active team member.
- Strong ICT skills.
Director of Curriculum Development - Main Responsibilities:
- To work closely with Academic Directors, IBDP Coordinators, Subject Coordinators and Senior Leaders in order to develop and implement an articulated curriculum across the Year 1-12 age range.
- To continue the development and implementation of the YK Pao School bi-lingual immersion model.
- To undertake opportunities to model and demonstrate excellent teaching.
- To support teachers in the understanding and use of the UBD framework.
- To support staff in the use of Atlas Rubicon to map the curriculum across the school.
- To develop an on-going curriculum review cycle.
- To articulate a clear overview of the school’s high standards of achievement and use these to leverage academic improvement.
- In consultation and collaboration with other curriculum leaders, support teachers in their work through provision of appropriate Professional Development, coaching and mentoring.
- Communicate the requirements and progress of the curriculum development process to faculty and administration as required.
- Help teachers understand how they can differentiate curriculum, instruction and assessment to meet the needs of non-native English and non-native Chinese speakers.
Connection with Students:
- To monitor closely the progress of students for whom Chinese is a Second Language and liaise with teachers to ensure appropriate intervention.
- To liaise closely with the International Office to ensure effective oversight of the academic and pastoral needs of International students.
Research, Partnerships and Publications
- To facilitate and coordinate research projects relating to the YK Pao School bi-lingual immersion model.
- To seek opportunities for international publishing of research results.
- To develop and oversee partnerships, links and networks that will enable rigorous educational research and publishing, including universities and journals.
- To promote collaborative links with other bilingual schools within China and overseas, as well as leading Chinese schools.
- Use a range of survey and assessment data to reflect upon, refine and improve school practices within designated areas of responsibility.
- Play an active role in the designated meetings of senior leaders and administrators on both campuses.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- To ensure effective communication both horizontally and vertically throughout the school.
Contribution to Non Classroom Life
- To oversee the curriculum programme and academic design of the YK Pao School Chinese Summer Camps through close liaison with the Enrichment Programs Office.
- Attending and leading important school events that relate to the areas of responsibility outlined within this document.
Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive salary and career development platform.
Applicant please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position applied for.
Welcome to visit our school website for more information www.ykpaoschool.cn
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.