March 8 - 15, 2021
Fair Organizer: Xiaohang Sumner
- The Shanghai Fair will be held towards the end of our recruiting fair schedule. The timing is quite advantageous, as it is around February-March, towards the end of the recruiting cycle but not too late for getting visas for teachers for the new school year. School recruiters will be able to interview a large pool of quality candidates and candidates will have access to a large number of vacancies.
- In 2021, the Shanghai Fair is an ONLINE virtual job fair.
In 2020, more than 50 schools participated in the Shanghai Fair (which was a last-minute emergency online fair due to COVID-19). In 2021, the number of participating schools is expected to increase significantly.
- China is the fastest growing region for international education in the world. Currently 158 schools are registered with Search Associates from China (including HK and Macau). Within this cohort many of the newer, and fast-growing, schools often find themselves with additional positions to fill after February and our new fair will provide a valuable option for such schools to recruit teachers at this stage of the ‘season’.
- For many years, the Bangkok Spring fair has provided a valuable opportunity for schools in Asia to source candidates that can fill positions still available from earlier in the year, or fill new vacancies that arise from late resignations or expansion-driven staffing needs. Now that the Spring Bangkok fair is no longer being offered, we hope that our Shanghai Fair will help bridge that gap in the market.
In 2020, more than 300 candidates participated in the Shanghai Fair (which was a last-minute emergency online fair due to COVID-19). In 2021, this number is expected to increase significantly.
- The Chinese market currently has close to 1,000 international education schools and they employ tens of thousands of talented teachers from all over the world. Many of these teachers do not enter the job market until quite late in the year. Some will be looking for opportunities to change schools / locations within China, whilst others will be looking to move out of China for a new challenge. The Shanghai Fair is designed to meet the needs of these candidates and present them with opportunities for employment in schools recruiting from both outside and within China.
- We also expect a substantial number of candidates currently employed outside China to register with this late fair in the hope of either securing a position within China or in other parts of Asia.
- The Shanghai Fair will open its books for registrations in December 2020.
- Please go to your school's dashboard and accept your invitation. If you do not have an invitation yet, please email us.
- If you are already registered with the Hong Kong/China office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invitation.
- If you are not yet registered with Search, please contact email@example.com for information on joining Search Associates and attending the fair.
- If you are registered with another Senior Associate, please contact him/her to request an invitation to the fair.
- 01.22: Deadline for schools to cancel
- 02.26: Deadline for candidates to cancel
- 03.08: Virtual fair portal opens; Review Period starts
- 03.12: Interview Sign-Up starts
- 03.13-14: Interviews
- 03.15 onwards: Follow-ups continue
All times and dates for the Shanghai Virtual Fair are stated in the Shanghai Time Zone.