March 4 - 6, 2022
Fair Organizer: Xiaohang Sumner
In 2022, the Shanghai Fair will be a blended online/offline fair.
- The Shanghai Fair is held towards the end of our recruiting fair schedule. The timing is quite advantageous, as it is around February-March, towards the end of the recruiting cycle but not too late for getting visas for teachers for the new school year. School recruiters are able to interview a large pool of quality candidates and candidates have access to a large number of vacancies.
- Schools and candidates from within mainland China should attend in-person. Schools and candidates from outside mainland China have the flexibility of attending online.
In April 2020 and March 2021, around 50-60 schools participated in the Shanghai Fair.
- China is the fastest growing region for international education in the world. Currently 158 schools are registered with Search Associates from China (including HK and Macau). Within this cohort many of the newer, and fast-growing, schools often find themselves with additional positions to fill after February and the Shanghai fair provides a valuable option for such schools to recruit teachers at this stage of the ‘season’.
- For many years, the Bangkok Spring fair has provided a valuable opportunity for schools in Asia to source candidates that can fill positions still available from earlier in the year, or fill new vacancies that arise from late resignations or expansion-driven staffing needs. Now that the Spring Bangkok fair is no longer being offered, our Shanghai Fair helps to bridge that gap in the market.
In April 2020 and March 2021, around 250-350 candidates participated in the Shanghai Fair.
- The Chinese market currently has close to 1,000 international education schools and they employ tens of thousands of talented teachers from all over the world. Many of these teachers do not enter the job market until quite late in the year. Some will be looking for opportunities to change schools / locations within China, whilst others will be looking to move out of China for a new challenge. The Shanghai Fair is designed to meet the needs of these candidates and present them with opportunities for employment in schools recruiting from both outside and within China.
- We also expect a substantial number of candidates currently employed outside China to register with this late fair in the hope of either securing a position within China or in other parts of Asia.
- The Shanghai Fair opens its books for registrations in the autumn.
- Please go to your school's dashboard and accept your invitation. If you do not have an invitation yet, please email us.
- If you are already registered with the Hong Kong/China office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invitation.
- If you are not yet registered with Search, please contact email@example.com for information on joining Search Associates and attending the fair.
- If you are registered with another Senior Associate, please contact him/her to request an invitation to the fair.
The following schools have participated in the Shanghai fair in 2020 and 2021. For up-to-date information on participating schools in 2022, please re-visit this page during December 2021-March 2022.
- Chinese International School
- English Schools Foundation
- Victoria Shanghai Academy
- Valor International Scholars
- Yoyogi International School
- GEMS American Academy, Abu Dhabi
- Alcanta International College, Guangzhou
- Avenues: The World School- Shenzhen
- BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen
- BASIS International School Guangzhou
- BASIS International School Hangzhou
- BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour
- BASIS International School Shenzhen
- Beijing Etown Academy
- Beijing Haidian Kaiwen Academy
- Beijing Huijia Private School
- Beijing International Bilingual Academy - Beijing Campus
- Beijing National Day School
- Beijing No.80 High School
- Beijing Royal School
- Beijing SMIC Private School
- BIBS, Kunming Campus
- Boston International School
- Bromsgrove School Mission Hills
- Canadian International School of Hefei
- Changchun American International School
- Chaoyang KaiWen Academy
- China World Academy
- Daystar Academy
- Dulwich College Beijing
- Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi
- EtonHouse International School China
- EtonHouse International School Suzhou
- Georgia School - Ningbo
- Green Oasis School
- Hangzhou Yungu School
- HD Beijing School (Hurtwood House China)
- HD Ningbo School (Hurtwood House China)
- HD Qingdao Wanda School
- HD Shanghai School
- Hongwen School Qingdao Campus
- ISA Science City International School
- Jiaxing Nanhu Alliance (Bilingual) School
- Keystone Academy
- Kinglee High School
- Malvern College Qingdao
- Nanjing HT School
- Nansha College Preparatory Academy
- New Oriental Academy
- Ningbo Huamao International School
- Nord Anglia School Jiaxing
- Nord Anglia School, Guangzhou, Panyu
- Nord Anglia School, Shenzhen
- Overseas Chinese Academy Chiway Suzhou
- Peking University Experimental School (Jiaxing)
- Qingdao Amerasia International School
- Qingdao No. 1 International School of Shandong Province
- Shanghai Singapore International School
- Shanghai United International School, Shangyin Campus
- Shanghai United International School, Xiamen Campus
- Shen Wai International School
- Shenzhen College of International Education
- Shenzhen Oasis International School
- Springboard International Bilingual School
- Suzhou Singapore International School
- The Garden International School
- Tsinghua International School
- ULink College Guangzhou
- United World College Changshu China
- Vanke Meisha Academy
- Vanke School, Pudong
- Wellington College - Huili School Hangzhou
- Western International School of Shanghai
- Wuxi United International School
- Xi'an Hanova International School
- Yew Chung International School of Shanghai
- Yew Wah International Education School of Shanghai-Lingang
- YK Pao School, Shanghai
- YueCheng Courtyard Kindergarten
- Zhuhai International School
Candidates attending the Shanghai fair in March 2021 have an average of 10.7 years of teaching experience, including an average of 6.7 years of teaching internationally.
There is significant diversity in the candidates attending the Shanghai Fair.
In March 2021, candidates with the following nationalities attended the fair: Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, China/Hong Kong, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, India, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, UK, Ukraine, USA, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.