January 14 - 15, 2023
Fair Organizer: Xiaohang Sumner
Started over twelve years ago, the Hong Kong Fair has expanded in line with the tremendous growth of international education in this region. Before COVID, the Hong Kong Fair was held right at the peak of the recruiting season, on the campus of the Chinese International School in central Hong Kong, atop Braemar Hill and overlooking the beautiful harbor. The last fairs before COVID in 2019-20 saw it nearing its maximum capacity.
After January 2020, the fair has been taken online to enable schools and candidates to take advantage of our innovative virtual fair portal to recruit.
The Fair will open its books for school and candidate registrations in the summer of 2022. As we had to have a waiting list last year and expect the same next year, we will ask schools and candidates to register as early as possible to reserve a place.
The Fair opens its books for school and candidate registrations in the summer of the year before the fair. As we were full last year and expect the same next year, we ask schools and candidates to register as early as possible to reserve a place.
Teaching and Leadership Candidates:
- If you are already registered with the Hong Kong office, please email me to request an invitation.
- If you are not yet registered with Search, please contact me for information on joining Search Associates and attending the Hong Kong Fair.
- If you are registered with another Senior Associate, please contact him/her to request an invitation to the Hong Kong Fair.
Xiaohang Sumner and Hong Kong Fair Team
This fair has the largest number of schools from mainland China and Hong Kong attending any fair. As these two regions have a large percentage of the jobs available, this attracts candidates. In the last six years, over 150 schools from across Asia and the world have come to this fair to recruit international school teachers and administrators. Before COVID, the fair also reserved 20% of the spaces for schools that were from other parts of Asia and the Middle East.
The following schools have come at least five times during the last six years:
- Chinese International School, Hong Kong
- Creative Secondary School, Hong Kong
- HD Hurtwood House China
- Hong Kong Academy
- International School of Nanshan Shenzhen
- I-Shou International School, Kaohsiung
- Ivy Collegiate Academy, Taichung
- Shanghai Qibao Dwight High School
- Shanghai United International School
- Shen Wai International School, Shenzhen
- Shenzhen College of International Education
- The Independent Schools Foundation Academy, Hong Kong
- United World College of Changshu China
Schools that have come three or four times during the last six years include:
- Affiliated High School of South China Normal University
- Alcanta International College, Guangzhou
- American International School, Hong Kong
- American School Hong Kong
- Branksome Hall Asia
- Bromsgrove School Mission Hills
- Canadian International School Beijing
- Canadian International School Guangzhou
- Daystar Academy
- Diocesan Boys' School
- Haileybury International School Tianjin
- Hong Kong International School
- International Christian School
- International School of Ulaanbaatar
- Mount Kelly School, Hong Kong
- Ningbo Huamao International School
- Overseas Chinese Academy Suzhou
- Shanghai Singapore International School
- Shanghai United International School, Gubei Campus
- Shanghai United International School, Pudong Campus
- Shanghai Vanke Bilingual School
- Shekou International School
- Shenzhen (Nanshan) Concord College of Sino-Canada
- The International School of Macao
- ULink College Guangzhou
- Victoria Shanghai Academy
- Western International School of Shanghai
- Wuhan Ulink College of China Optics Valley
- Xi'an Hi-Tech International School
- Yew Chung International School
- Yew Chung International School of Beijing
- Yew Chung International School of Chongqing
- Yew Chung International School of Qingdao
- Yew Chung International School of Shanghai
- YK Pao School, Shanghai
- Yongsan International School of Seoul
Other schools that have come to Hong Kong from across Asia and the rest of the world include:
- Aga Khan Academy, Maputo
- American International School, Vietnam
- Ayeyarwaddy International School
- CfBT Education Trust (vacancies in Brunei)
- GEMS World Academy, Singapore and Malaysia
- Hanoi International School, Vietnam
- Hiroshima International School
- International School of Central Switzerland
- International School of Ho Chi Minh City
- Jakarta and Sinarmas World Academy, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Korea International School, Jeju
- Nagoya International School
- Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Astana, Kazakstan
- Orchlon School, Ulaanbaatar
- QSI -- Quality Schools Int'l (37 schools in 30 Countries)
- Saigon South International School, HCMC
- Seoul Foreign School
- Seoul International School
- The Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Boys
- The Sheikh Zayed Private Academy for Girls, Abu Dhabi
- Whittle School & Studios
- The vast majority of candidates attending this fair have international curriculum experience (e.g. IB) with over 50% having more than 10 years international school experience.
- We are very proud of our diversity track record at the Hong Kong Fair. In January 2022, candidates who are citizens of forty (40) countries are represented at the fair and they are residing in fifty (50) countries all over the world.
- Typically 25% of all hires made as a result of the fair are from schools based in Hong Kong, the rest are from mainland China, the other parts of Asia and the world.
How to attend the fair:
Attendance at this fair is by invitation only. Candidates need to have registered with Search Associates, well in advance of the Fair, and then requested an invitation to the fair. Please note that “Checking” interest in the Hong Kong-January Fair on the Search Associate online application does NOT constitute an invitation. Your place at the Fair is only definite when you have received confirmation on your Search dashboard.
For more information, prospective and Registered Candidates are welcome to join us at one of our free online job search seminars. Click here to sign up.
RECRUITMENT FAIR COMMENTS from candidates
"I attended the Hong Kong Job Fair and took the advice about being open-minded. This led to me speaking to a school that was a really great match in terms of personality and to a location that really fits what I am looking for. Job searching can be a really stressful process but Search Associates made the whole process easy and somewhat enjoyable! So thank you so much!" -- Michael Lattimore (2020)
"As a new teacher, I was very lost with how I could get my foot in the door. The fair was not only a great networking experience, but it was also an opportunity that opened many more doors for me. Especially as a new teacher, this fair helped provide me with contacts, resources, and memorable conversations. A simple conversation can go a long way, and I am very grateful to Search Associates for providing that platform!" — Kelly Chang (2020)
"We are really impressed with the quality of the people and schools attending the Search Associates Job Fair. We had many interviews and all went well. When we got home, we had an offer from a school we really loved and ended up accepting it a couple of days later. Thank you Search Associates for helping us connect to so many great educators in such a short time." — Andrew and Danielle Aversen (2016)
"Joining Search Associates has been one of the best professional decisions I have made and I look forward to being a candidate for years to come. I would like to wholeheartedly thank the entire Search team for their hard work and exceptional platform for international teachers." — Yaiza Morales (2018)
"Search Associates has proven to be an essential tool for upgrading my career." — Luigi Mondino (2017)
">"Thank you to Search Associates for the professional services and assistance with our job search. We are very happy with the opportunity to join Hangzhou International school, and very pleased that they were searching for 'veterans' who could add depth to their expanding school." — Marisa Confait (2017)
"Once again I would like to take the time to thank you for organizing the fair and offering your guidance. I have already signed my contract and just deactivated my account. I hope this will be an exciting experience for me professionally and a good choice for my family. It looks very promising!" — Emilija Simonovska Stojanovski (2017)
"I'd like to thank you for all the work you do in setting up these fair opportunities for us all. I'm glad I decided to come to the fair this weekend. It was fairly laid back and very positive. It was run efficiently and everyone I was in contact with was very professional, from associates to recruiters to candidates. I will surely recommend Search to other teachers and use you all if I'm job hunting again in the future. The hope is that it won't be for a long time! May Thanks." — Nick Staffa (2017)