< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Jennifer Sparrow
Jul 14, 14
Sep 5, 14
We thank you for your interest in possible opportunities at Singapore American School (SAS).
SAS is committed to providing each student with an exemplary American education. Central to that are our six “Institutional Commitments”. We are seeking administrators who subscribe to these ideals and who wish to collaborate, innovate, and make a positive difference within the SAS community. Our Institutional Commitments are:
1. Great Teaching and Learning - Every Student, Every Day
2. Common, Guaranteed, Viable Curriculum
3. Evidence of Learning through the use of Data
4. Integration of Technology
5. Healthy Organizational Culture
6. Participation in Professional Learning Communities
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of SAS strategic initiatives to fulfill the school’s mission and vision. To this end, the Assistant Superintendent is charged with overseeing all elements of the SAS academic program from early childhood through grade 12, providing a clear focus on student learning and achievement. This individual will lead and directly supervise division principals (3) in the development and implementation of critical strategic initiatives.
Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct division principals on school-wide and specific divisional strategic initiatives. Provide guidance and support, and coordinate professional growth opportunities for principals and deputy principals.
- Serve on the superintendent’s cabinet as a member of the executive team participating in strategic decision-making that impacts all areas of school leadership and management.
- Articulate the vision for teaching and learning at SAS, support the vision with short and long term plans, and sustain a culture conducive to continuous improvement across all school divisions and departments.
- Direct major initiatives through completion. Provide leadership and guidance in decision-making processes at a school-wide level. Initiate and coordinate activities and/or organization of groups to study issues and recommend actions to assure continued enhancement of programs at SAS, and lead the development and implementation of proposed plans.
- Provide leadership in the organization, delivery, and evaluation of PLCs across the school. Oversee the continued development of professional learning communities at SAS to foster a common PLC culture across the system. Supervise goal-setting processes for PLCs to assist with establishing professional learning opportunities to support the work of faculty members and divisions.
- In collaboration with the Office of Learning, review current staff and faculty performance system process and procedure. Research, design, and implement improvements to performance systems in a collaborative context with the goal of establishing a focus on student learning and achievement.
- Facilitate the analysis, interpretation, and application of data to drive decision-making for divisional and school wide initiative development and implementation.
- Provide direction in and maintain up-to-date knowledge of educational reform and its application in the international context, and participate in on-going training to enhance professional skills and improve the school’s work towards its vision.
- Facilitate and develop positive and effective communication and relationships in a complex environment with the various constituents of the community including parents, students, faculty, division leadership, and central administration, as well as the international school network at large.
- Liaise with parents and division administrators on issues of concern in a way that leads to successful resolution.
- Perform other related duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent.
Supervisor: This position reports directly to the Superintendent and is a member of the Superintendent’s cabinet.
Terms of Employment: The successful candidate will be offered a two-year initial administrative contract, with subsequent year-to-year contracts dependent upon demonstrated achievement towards annual goals.
Qualifications and Characteristics Sought:
- Advanced Degree in Educational Administration or Curriculum and Instruction
- Successful experience as a Principal and/or senior administrator
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, and communication skills
- Technology expertise, with a strong understanding of the role of technology in 21st century learning environments
- Knowledge and understanding of research-proven pedagogical practices, including professional learning communities (PLCs)
- Experience leading major system-wide initiatives from conception to completion
- Knowledge and understanding of the international school context and the importance of a global perspective to a high performing school system
- Experience working with faculty performance systems that led to demonstrable gains in student achievement
- Proven track record of successful leadership as a principal
- Ability to motivate and collaborate with principals, teachers, and leadership team members
- Results-oriented, with demonstrated skill in using data to inform and improve student learning and school programs
- Self-motivated, energetic, and creative
Candidates who wish to submit their application for this position should do so by September 5, 2014.
Candidates who wish to be considered for this position may submit their application via http://www.hirebridge.com/jobseeker2/viewdetailintra.asp?cid=6379&come=IN&joblistid=261915
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.