Job Posting: Director of Teaching, Learning & Innovation (beginning August 2022)
WBAIS teachers are dedicated to student success, concerned about the physical and emotional well-being of their students, passionate about student learning and excited by the prospect of working within a dynamic, diverse community.
Classroom practices emphasize active, collaborative learning; team-building activities; the application of technology to authentic learning experiences; differentiated instruction and student achievement.
WBAIS and Israel:
Established under the auspices of the American Embassy in 1958, The Walworth Barbour American International School in Israel (WBAIS) is a MSA accredited, fully independent, co-educational Pre-K - 12 international school offering an American program leading to a US high school diploma.
With a present enrollment of approximately 600 students representing over 40 nationalities, AIS Israel is a diverse and vibrant community. Approximately 40% of AIS students are American, 40% from countries all over the world, and 20% Israelis.
In 2008 WBAIS moved to its current state-of-the-art 19-acre campus that opened in 2007 and is located in the town of Even Yehuda, a residential community approximately 20 kilometers north of Tel Aviv. The purpose-built campus includes four separate divisions, a performing arts building with 400-seat auditorium, full gym, cafeteria, library and media center, athletic fields, tennis and basketball courts, and an olympic-sized pool.
The Director of Teaching and Learning will:
- Serve as an Early Years to Grade 12 educational facilitator responsible for curriculum, assessment, and the on-going internal coordination of the Strategic Plan.
- Work with divisional principals in conjunction with other subject area coordinators and classroom teachers to review, create and implement curriculum.
- Guide teachers in reviewing, revising, and implementing curriculum through a cyclical review process.
- Facilitate effective teaching techniques and current educational research practices through the implementation of professional development and coaching.
- Monitor and oversee assessment activities including in-house Criterion Referenced and Standardized testing in order to evaluate overall programming.
Reports to: Head of School
Job Capacity: 100%
Start Date: Estimated start would be August 1, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and maintain a sequential curriculum within the school that is consistent with the educational philosophy of the school, standards, benchmarks, and current educational research.
- Direct the research, development and improvement of the curriculum through best practices in educational research.
- Disseminate latest research and writing that pertains to discipline area(s) and to advise all appropriate parties of the emergence of National Standards.
- Organize and support professional development aligned with the WBAIS Strategic Plan and Middle States Association (MSA) goals.
- Serve as the administration’s representative to the Professional Growth System Committee (PGSC).
- Coordinate and support the work of professional learning communities.
- Develop activities and strategies for improvement of instruction and student performance.
- Model, demonstrate, and coach faculty in the instructional process.
- Assist faculty in securing materials to support instruction.
- Work with faculty to identify, develop and implement strategies in interdisciplinary projects.
- Communicate curriculum frameworks to the community.
- Review and revise Curriculum Review cycle and process.
- Coordinate the development of school-wide assessment instruments and guidelines for appraising student achievement across disciplines.
- Analyze assessment data and submit annual reports on student growth and achievement in all curriculum areas.
- Meet regularly with the Head of School and provide updates, written when requested, of progress toward meeting instructional goals related to accreditation.
- Collaborate with Head of School to support the Jerusalem campus and to create professional and instructional connections between the two campuses.
- Assist classroom teachers with differentiation strategies and techniques.
- Serve as the Internal Coordinator overseeing the MSA accreditation process.
- As needed assist principals and teachers with focused growth plans in the area of instruction.
- Perform relevant tasks and duties so assigned by the Head of School.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, in addition to the following:
- A Master’s Degree
- Valid teacher certification
- Demonstrated interest or successful experience in curriculum initiative and / or coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of people and to build consensus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development and implementation and current in national and international trends and practices.
- Implement the school's mission statement.
- Effectively model and encourage multicultural awareness, tolerance and understanding following the WBAIS Profile of a Learner.
- Model technology integration as appropriate to enhance instruction.
- Promote a positive relationship with others, sharing ideas, materials, experiences and expertise.
- Participate in peer coaching and other instructional improvement programs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development both during the school year and during off school months as needed.
- Support school-wide projects such as staff development, and community efforts and events.
Application Process: Interested candidates please apply through our WBAIS website @
WBAIS reserves the option to invite selected candidates to interviews, and to hire, in advance of this schedule and should a suitable candidate be found to hire and close the search.
Please note: WBAIS does not sponsor B1 visas. As such, only applicants with valid work permits in Israel, or those eligible for SOFA visa status (U.S. Citizens) may be considered for employment.
Apply @: https://www.wbais.net/about/employment
WBAIS Website: https://www.wbais.net/
Address: 65 Hashomron St., Even Yehuda, 4051765