< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Nov 8, 21
Dec 15, 21
GAA offers an enriched American Curriculum and PYP programme to students of all nationalities, culminating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and/or an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, GAA prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular experience that contribute to the development of the whole person.
- Current North American teacher and administration certificates.
- Master’s Degree in Leadership and/or Administration.
- University degree in Education (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a minimum of five years of teaching experience including School management experience.
- Or a University degree in School management (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a minimum of four years of School management experience.
- Or a University degree in a different field (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and a recognized and accredited diploma in educational leadership and a minimum of six years teaching experience including School management experience.
- Proven record as an instructional leader with a deep understanding of teaching and learning in the elementary grades, the Primary Year Programme and the IB Learner Profile.
- Experience with the successful implementation of an enriched, standards-based American curriculum.
Salary and Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, free school place for dependent, annual flight allowance, and end of service gratuity.
GEMS American Academy is a diverse and caring international learning community offering a rigorous, relevant and holistic education. We develop global citizens who have the confidence and conviction to pursue their dreams and impact the world.
- Model and encourage a Culture of Kindness.
- Promote and advance the mission and vision of the school in leading all aspects of the divisional program.
- Commit time and leadership for the successful implementation of the School Development Plan and to develop division-specific actions for the school’s strategic priorities.
- Be a positive influence on school culture and climate within the context of a culturally diverse community.
- Model and encourage the IB Learner Profile and GEMS Core Values by acting with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
- Serve as the instructional leader for the division, maintaining a relentless focus on high standards for progress and attainment for all students.
- Be accountable for student learning through the effective monitoring and evaluation of the instruction program, including the use of data and systems to implement sustainable change.
- Use assessment results to determine whether curriculum and instructional goals and student performance outcomes are being met.
- Lead the faculty growth and supervision process in the spirit of continuous improvement and learning-centered practice.
- Oversee the daily operation of the Elementary School, ensuring the effective management of facilities, staff, resources and budget to maintain a safe and effective learning environment.
- Instill a sense of common purpose and common pursuit toward consensus goals with regards to the decision-making process.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, parents, colleagues and in the community (e.g. verbal, nonverbal and written communication) in an open, caring and approachable manner.
- Create an efficient, productive and caring building atmosphere where all students (and faculty) have opportunity to be recognized for their best efforts.
- Develop the leadership capabilities of teachers and to share leadership responsibility when appropriate.
- Work directly with the Head of School in the recruitment, training and retention of high qualify faculty.
- Have a personal commitment to see constant professional learning and professional growth and to be a life-long learner.
Candidates should submit the following documents to Head of School, Robert Rinaldo email@example.com in one single pdf file.
- Brief letter of application stating reasons for your interest in the position.
- A current CV/ resume.
- Statement of philosophy of education and educational leadership (not to exceed two pages).
- Reference page with the contact details of at least three references including your current supervisor.