< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 3, 20
Sep 22, 20
The International School of Luxembourg
Seeks a new:
Lower School Assistant Principal for Early Years
Start Date August 2021
ISLux is looking for a passionate and accomplished Assistant Principal with proven leadership experience, who can continue to drive our Early Years curriculum and professional development models forward in an innovative international environment!
- A passionate play-based educator with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in an International school
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in an appropriate field of study (preferred);
- Demonstrated understanding of Early Years developmentally appropriate educational practices in all environments
- Demonstrated understanding of learning centres and their place in the Early Years (indoor /outdoor classrooms);
- Demonstrated leadership with professional development and student assessment models;
- Familiarity with and understanding of recent developments in Early Years education curricula;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English (near native level) and preferably with a second language (French or German an advantage);
- Experienced in working in a collaborative teaching environment;
- Familiarity and fluency with technology to support Early Years learning;
- Technologically competent in appropriate resources and platforms
- Understanding of and experience with students and parents who are English Language Learners.
To apply: Please submit your online application in English through ISL’s Careers webpage: https://vacancies.islux.lu/jobs
Application deadline: 22 September 2020
Planned Interview Schedule: 1st round of interviews: 28 Sept through 2 Oct via Zoom
2nd round of interviews: 14 Oct through 21 Oct via Zoom
To begin: 1 August 2021
At ISL, we ensure that everyone in our community becomes inspired, resilient and passionate about achieving what matters, anywhere in the world.
Our Key Drivers (+)
• Creating vivid learning experiences
• Generating more choice in what we learn
• Placing relationships at the heart of every day
• Redefining success
• Leading exceptionally
For further information about ISL, please visit our website: www.islux.lu/careers
The Role Profile
The Lower School Assistant Principal (Early Years) is charged with assisting the Lower School Principal with the management, development, support and evaluation of the educational programme in the Early Years section of the Lower School (Preschool to Grade 1).
He/she supports the Lower School Principal ensure that the programme delivered within the Early Years section of the Lower School strives to meet the mission and values of ISL.
He/she reports to the Lower School Principal.
- Nurture the vision for the Early Years at ISL;
- In conjunction with the Lower School Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning, provide leadership in planning, developing and documenting the Early Years curriculum, including modelling and monitoring effectiveness of instruction in the Early Years classrooms;
- In conjunction with the Lower School Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning, ensure assessment in the Early Years is in line with ISL standards and benchmarks, ISL Principles of Learning and overall ISL learning goals; share responsibility for assessment data, and long-term academic tracking of Early Years students;
- Support, supervise and evaluate Early Years teachers and teaching assistants as directed by the Lower School Principal;
- Provide support and guidance to the Early Years Grade Level Leadership and classroom teachers including decision making, and recommending instructional resources
- Encourage the highest possible success and potential from students and faculty alike;
- Provide leadership, in partnership with the Lower School Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning and Upper School Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning in the process of curriculum review within the ISL Review Cycle;
- Take an active role within the ISL Leadership Team to nurture a whole school vision and structure for the curriculum and its articulation.
- Lead the collaboration between Early Years parents and ISL; supporting parent understanding of Early Childhood education through workshops and information sessions
- In conjunction with the Lower School Leadership Team assist with the identification, planning and execution of professional development opportunities for Early Years teachers related to the development and implementation of the Early Years academic programme;
- In conjunction with the Lower School Deputy Principal coordinate schedules for the Early Years programme
- Deputise for the Lower School Deputy Principal in their absence if required;
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Lower School Principal or the Director.
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience and qualifications. The employment contract will be for an indefinite period of time and begin with a 12-month trial period.
In general, benefits include: School Holidays, Lunch Vouchers, Professional Development, Supplementary Pension Plan, Relocation Allowances.