< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Search Associates (UK)
May 23, 18
Aug 31, 18
Search Associates seeks to appoint two Senior Associates
to lead and develop its future work in the UK and Ireland
Start date: August 2019
Search Associates, established in 1990, is widely recognised as the leading recruitment consultancy in the field of international education at primary and secondary levels. The group is currently instrumental in well over 3000 appointments every year of teachers and school leaders, who move into jobs in our large and steadily growing network of international schools worldwide. It is a global partnership of experienced and dedicated Senior Associates, each managing and operating a territory within the structure of the larger organization.
Please see www.searchassociates.com for a much fuller picture.
We currently have openings for two Senior Associates to own and manage the operations of our UK and Ireland territory, which has been owned and operated since 2002 by David Cope. The territory includes our annual London Spring job fair, currently held in March.
There are two openings because, with effect from August 2019, the geographical territory will be divided into two.
One territory (UK South) will comprise London and the following regions of the UK: South East, East of England, South West, West Midlands.
The other territory (UK North and Ireland) will comprise Ireland and the following regions of the UK: North West, North East, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland.
These territories are of almost exactly equal size (about 35 million) in terms of population.
Not least because of the major conurbations located in both territories, we are confident that there is substantial potential for building two healthy businesses, through identifying enthusiastic teachers wanting to work overseas and then connecting them with the steadily growing number of outstanding international schools in our membership.
Each of these openings will be a perfect fit for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to invest personal and financial resources into owning, operating and growing one half of what is already established as one of our largest and most productive territories. The potential financial returns are substantial.
General responsibilities of every Senior Associate
- Serving as a loyal member of the Senior Associates team, whose mission is to connect successful teachers with successful international schools worldwide, always with a personal touch
- Effective marketing within the territory to attract new applicants
- Screening and registering applicants, and advising them on all aspects of their international job search
- Taking responsibility for establishing a close personal relationship, as an “ambassador” of Search Associates, with the leaders of a designated group of international schools
- Identifying any potential new member schools within their territory and helping in marketing to such schools.
The territories include
- All current candidates who have registered with David Cope and are resident, or were originally resident, in the relevant regions and who in mid-August 2019 are known to be planning a career move in 2020
- [Either immediately or within 2-3 years, so no later than mid-August 2022, to be determined] A strong archive base of thousands of previously registered candidates, including many who found jobs through Search Associates and many who can be expected to re-register in the future for another job search
- Organising and running the annual London Spring job fair (currently held in March) – this would ideally be done jointly by the two new Associates working together, but could be linked to just one of the territories if preferred
- Guidance/ support from David Cope and the UK office team, for as long as needed, to ensure a smooth transition.
Applicants must have [in other words, all the following are essential requirements]
- Above all, a keenness to be a strong team player and loyal ambassador for Search Associates as a whole
- Overseas international school knowledge and experience, including at least 5 years in senior leadership
- A positive entrepreneurial spirit
- The skills needed for managing all operational aspects of running a business
- The skills needed for planning and running an annual job fair in London
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong skills in the operational use of IT
- A willingness to be resident in their territory
How to apply
Applications and any pre-application expressions of interest should be sent by email as soon as possible to David Cope, as the current owner/manager of the UK and Ireland territory - email@example.com.
The final application deadline is 31 August, 2018.
If you are interested in exploring these opportunities further, please send David Cope the following documents, collated into one single pdf file:
- A letter briefly explaining your motivation for joining Search Associates and what you can offer
- A personal statement about your career achievements and future career aspirations
- Your current CV (no more than 2 pages)
- A list of three referees (senior people well acquainted with you both professionally and personally), with their current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Final approval and selection of the new Associates will be at the discretion of Search Associates President Jessica Magagna and her Executive team, who reserve the right to make decisions earlier than 31 August 2018 if outstanding candidates come forward.
It is hoped that this search will be completed well before the end of 2018, though more time will be taken if necessary to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Executive Vice President