< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jun 21, 19
Aug 31, 19
Seeks an Academic Principal
Application Deadline: 31st August
Applications should be sent to HR: Oriole.Huang@hd.kaiwenacademy.cn
Please include the following: CV, Highest degree, Passport and Teaching or Principal Certificate
1. The School
KWA was opened in August 2016. As a boarding international school directed by Tsinghua University High School, it provides world-class education to Grade 1-12. KWA is located at the foot of the beautiful and historic Yuquan Mountain in Haidian District, Beijing. The school has a stylish garden campus with natural flora and a rich cultural background. The campus covers an area of 20 thousand square meters and includes 33,000 square meters of indoor are, a green area of 70,000 square meters and the 11,000 square meters or aquatic landscape. The plot ratio is 0.17. The campus uses the terrain, plants, garden features, and sports & leisure space to form a large concentrated green land and open space to enable students to embrace nature.
2. Educational Philosophy
We desire to cultivate our students to be able to choose freely in the future, to bravely face life and explore the world, to have a broad international perspective and to constantly soar to new heights in the future.
Adaptability: fully respect each student’s personality. Provide students with free space to develop.
Courage: Help students face their challenges and push the limits. Inspire our student’s courage to grow through adversity.
Persistence: Concern about students’ growth. Provide students with an elevated platform and integrate various optional resources.
A distinctive curriculum independently developed based on the practical experience of Tsinghua University High School and its international division.
At the elementary school level, courses and teaching activities center on cultivating interest, acquiring basic learning skills, and guiding methods of thought. By collaborating on lesson plans teachers can better help students build knowledge associations as well as inspire and guide them to think more creatively and independently.
Courses in middle school become more difficult, and the advantages of a small class size become more apparent. This is crucial for a smooth transition from elementary school to middle school. Learning at the middle school stage mainly focuses on academic and personal growth to prepare students for upcoming high school studies.
The curriculum and class periods for high school students are arranged according to American high school curriculum, including challenging core academic courses, a large number of elective courses, and diverse co-curricular courses as well as considerate college counseling and significant community service opportunities, all of which prepare students for their upcoming university studies.
Arts & Sports Courses that Shape a Well-Rounded Personality
Kaiwen's Arts and Sports Courses are among the best in China and provide students with first-class learning environments, curriculum designs, and teachers. Students in different grades are provided with exclusive sports stadiums and courts, as well as professional music and dance studios, to ensure that Kaiwen students develop personal qualities that meet the high requirements of internationalized education.
4. Job Description:
Title: Academic Principal
Report to: Headmaster
Salary Range: Negotiable, plus other bonus and benefits.
The Academic Principal is a member of the School Top Leadership Team. He/she plays a vital role to lead the Academic Department team to achieve high quality teaching and learning, ensure the safety and success of students and maintain positive and harmonious relationships between students, parents, and teachers.
Key areas of responsibility
- Line management of Head of Primary and Secondary School.
- Facilitating regular teaching staff meetings.
- Cooperating with the local Academic Principal in developing, implementing and managing the whole school curriculum at KWA.
- Leading a team of Homeroom, Advisors, and Subject teachers.
- Helping the recruitment and nurture of Primary and secondary staff and providing constructive and positive suggestions during recruitment process
- Initiating and participating in teachers’ professional development activities
- Meeting with students and parents as required for academic purposes
- Assisting in the marketing, admission and promotion of the school
- Enthusiasm in Education Industry.
- At least 10 years working experience as Principal of Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Familiar with American Curriculum, Common Core, AP Curriculum and college application.
- Master Degree or above with teacher/principal certificate.
- Ability to promote excellent standards of teaching and learning.
- Ability and desire to innovate and improve the curriculum in the assigned teaching area.
- Optimistic, open-minded, excellent team work spirit and people skills.
- Interested in China, Chinese language and culture.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.