< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Mar 3, 22
This is an opportunity to lead Athletic and Activities for one of Hong Kong’s most prestigious and well-established international schools, the Hong Kong International School (HKIS).
Founded in 1966, HKIS is one of Hong Kong’s oldest international schools, and it continues to set the standard in Asia for an American college-preparatory K-12 education. HKIS is home to approximately 2,880 students from over 40 different nationalities and 550 faculty and staff across two campuses in Repulse Bay (Lower and Upper Primary) and Tai Tam (Middle and High School).
About the role
Responsible for leading and managing the overall operations of the Athletics Program and Extra-curricular Activities and ensuring programs align with HKIS’s student learning results. This includes the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs to ensure continuous improvement. The Athletics and Activities Director will work closely with coaches to ensure student safety, well being and success in their respective sports and activities. The Director collaborates closely with other departments to ensure cooperation and effective use of school’s facilities and resources.
The Athletic and Activities Director reports to the Associate Head of School and is supported by a team of direct reports that includes the Director of Activities and Junior Athletics, Athletic Director and Middle School Athletic Director.
Specific qualifications sought include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or other relevant subject area; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in Sports Program administration and management
- Solid experience in leading and managing a sizable team
- Successful experience in program development, leadership and change management
- Experience formulating departmental policies and procedures
- Proven track record of developing and realizing annual goals and objectives for an Athletics department aligned with a strategic plan
- Experience in an international school and familiarity with American educational system preferred
- Strong knowledge of sports program administration including hiring and supervision skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in partnership and collaborate with a diverse community
- Skilled at providing motivation and direction to coaches and teams
- Proficient with technology
- Strong analytical, administrative, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong commitment to the HKIS mission and Student Learning Results
As a school grounded in the Christian faith, HKIS hires Christian teachers and administrators as well as those of other faiths. HKIS seeks to hire candidates who are interested in the complex questions of faith and spirituality and who are keen to learn and interact with others of different faith traditions.
How to apply
Interested candidates please visit our website (www.hkis.edu.hk) for application.