< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Aug 11, 22
Oct 15, 22
International Christian School is one of the leading international schools in Hong Kong emphasizing academic achievement and Christian spiritual development of students. ICS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Christian Schools International.
Dean of Curriculum & Instruction
We are inviting seasoned educational and administrative leaders to join ICS for this challenging role. The successful candidate will oversee curriculum alignment and provide strategic direction for curriculum, instruction, and assessment. S/he will ensure curriculum objectives are aligned to frameworks and practices that yield the highest standards of effective instruction and student learning.
- Lead a group of academic, curriculum and administrative professionals and work with K-12 Principals and Department Chairs on the development, implementation, and evaluation of the School’s K-12 faith-based curriculum and instructional programs.
- Assist K-12 Principals in observing, evaluating, and coaching faculty in order to continually enhance the quality of instruction.
- Serve as a central resource for all matters related to curriculum and instruction across subject areas.
- Spearhead and coordinate efforts for external full scale and mid-term accreditation.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of school improvement strategies and plans through data analysis, objective setting, and continuous horizontal and vertical alignment and integration of instructional programs.
- Foster a culture of professional growth across K-12, oversee professional development for all faulty, and manage the annual budget for school-wide professional development.
- Lead and coordinate training of new faculty during new faculty orientation.
- Curate and distribute research resources on the current educational/instructional/ curricular trends to faculty and staff as appropriate.
- Work closely with University Advisors to ensure curriculum alignment leading to success in university entrance.
- Serve as the gatekeeper and supervise the production of report cards and monitor the overall academic progress of K-12 students.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in education from an accredited university.
- At least 7 years of classroom teaching plus a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in leading curriculum and instruction or related areas.
- A clear and mature Christian faith aligned with the vision, mission, and values of ICS.
- Holder of an ACSI or state certification in educational leadership or curriculum, or eligibility to become certified as a School Administrator is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Advanced Placement program and American curriculum are required.
- Highly efficient and organized, with the ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks and resolve problems collaboratively.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations below.
Application deadline: October 15, 2022
We are committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
Click here to visit our webpage and apply online today!