< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Robert Cody
Jan 17, 14
Mar 15, 14
Deputy Head of School
ACS International Schools
Posted: 13th January 2014 Deadline for applications: 15th March 2014
ACS International Schools
ACS is a highly prestigious group of international schools, three of which are in the south east of England and our fourth, and most recently established campus, is in Doha. The Doha campus was purpose built for us in 2010 and is located directly opposite the Emirs palace, a highly desirable location in Doha
We currently have 900 students, aged between 3 and 14, on our Doha campus. We offer the IB Middle Years Program (MYP), the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) as well as the American High School Honors Diploma.
As a result of our amazing growth in the region, this is a newly created role to support our exciting future plans. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual with the capability, drive and desire to participate in this journey towards the achievement of even greater success.
The new Deputy Head of School will support the Head of School in growing and maintain this friendly and caring environment which combines the achievement of high standards of academic excellence with rounded educational programs.
Key to success are ;
- Being an inspirational team leader and developer.
- Having international experience at Principal or Deputy Head level, preferably within the Middle East. Being an Arabic speaker would be an advantage.
- Being passionate about holistic student education and team development.
- Having an understanding financial management.
- Creating and maintaining positive and pro-active relationships with the teaching and parent community.
If you believe that you have the exceptional skills and experience to deliver against this challenging brief gained in an international educational establishment, then please contact John Magagna at Search Associate for an initial discussion and a full job description.
Please send an application at the earliest possible time but no later than March 15th, 2014. (The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received and forwarded to the Search Committee.)
The Search Committee will select potential candidates with the view of inviting a short list to interview at the school no later than March, or sooner, with a decision immediately thereafter.
Candidates should note that, in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ACS Doha reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline mentioned above and to bring the search to an early close. For this reason, it is very important that interested candidates apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should send the information requested below. It must be submitted exactly in the form and manner requested. Please do not send any information other than that which is specifically requested here.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position.
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages.
- A one or two-page statement outlining educational beliefs and leadership style.
- A one-page list of references with phone numbers and current, valid, email addresses.
- A maximum of four letters of reference, which may already be in your possession.
Please note that all the above materials must be scanned into a single PDF document and sent to the e-mail address listed below. Please note that it is important to limit the size of the PDF document to less than 5MB.
with copies to:
For more information about the school please see