< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position Filled
Jun 27, 14
Sep 1, 14
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS GROUP
Dhahran British Grammar School ISG Jubail
Dhahran Elementary/Middle School Yanbu International School
Dhahran High School Sara Village School
“Committed to Excellence
Director of Digital Learning required for August 2015
International Schools Group, Saudi Arabia (ISG) seeks a Director for Digital Learning.
The Director for Digital Learning joins a senior leadership team that includes the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent of Government Relations, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, Director of Business Operations, Director of Support Services, Director of Facilities Development, and seven Principals/Headteachers.
The International Schools Group
The International Schools Group was founded in 1962 to originally serve the needs of expatriate families living and working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The district is a ‘not-for-profit’, forward- looking school district comprised of seven schools in five locations. The schools are coeducational day schools delivering preschool to grade 12 programs for expatriate children and a growing number of students from the host country. Depending on the school, each offers either an American, British or International curriculum. ISG currently serves the needs of over 4,160 students and this number is projected to steadily increase.
The District is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees and is licensed by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Education. Middle States Associated of Colleges and Schools accredit the American and International curriculum schools; British curriculum schools undergo accreditation through the Council of International Schools.
Living in Saudi Arabia is comfortable, secure and rewarding. The rich culture of the host country makes living in the Kingdom fascinating and enjoyable. Saudi’s location provides unique access to travel opportunities, both within the region and beyond. Salary and benefits for administrators are competitive and generous and, when coupled with excellent work and living conditions, makes for an excellent package.
The Director of Digital Learning is a new position and offers an exciting opportunity as ISG enters its next phase of development.
ISG has launched a 21st century learning initiative across its seven schools. We seek an exceptional candidate who can support the highly collaborative leadership team as it implements the various components of the district’s vision for excellence in the 21st century. The
successful candidate embraces the challenge of shifting practice in the classrooms, and in
leading colleagues to offer outstanding support to classroom teachers. A change plan organizes and guides the initiative.
ISG is committed to a progressive, technology-rich learning environment, while at the same time promoting literacy across all disciplines using brain-based research on learning as well as tried and true traditional techniques. We value collaboration, and the district has recently adopted
the core, ethical values of respect, responsibility, integrity, and acceptance, with a commitment to act.
The Director of Digital Learning will have direct responsibility to oversee aspects of the change plan implementation and assessment that relate to digital learning and technology integration.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Negotiate and mediate contracts for cloud-based and contracted services;
- Evaluate outsourced work;
- Coordinate support for devices at school, including setting up effective help-desk processes;
- Supervise and lead Digital Learning Coaches at each school site;
- Supervise and evaluate a cadre of IT technicians;
- Monitor and develop the Digital Learning Plan, collaborating with the Assistant Superintendent for Learning and school Principals/Headteachers on its implementation;
- Provide access to school network resources accessible with personal devices;
- Write guidelines and implement curriculums that encourage safe and responsible use of technology;
- Implement new technology applications and best practices;
- Manage special technology projects;
- Support the Superintendent in leading and supervising all educational technology efforts of the school, and ensuring data in educational technology areas are collected and communicated to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees;
- Communicate with the Superintendent, School Principals/Headteachers, and District Office administrators about progress and challenges;
- Participate fully in senior leadership meetings;
- Participate in Board of Trustees meetings and committees;
- Set and hold staff accountable to high standards for performance;
- Contribute to district communications efforts via the district website;
- Systematically assess and monitor an individualized professional learning plan for each teacher, in regards to technology integration;
- Collaborate with and facilitate external consultants in support of the 21st century learning initiative;
- Develop and lead a systematic approach to professional learning to ensure that staff continue to develop and are able to make progress on the change initiative;
- Collaborate with parents to ensure open and honest communication throughout the IS
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of International Schools Group organizational policies, practices and procedures;
- Prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
The successful candidate will be expected to display/demonstrate the following:
- Model ISG’s core values;
- Attention to detail;
- Understanding of the why of new technology in education, rather than just the how;
- Understanding of the ins and outs of routers, firewalls, deployment servers, etc.
- Understanding of school pedagogy such as differentiation, Readers/Writers Workshop, and curriculum such as Common Core standards;
- Ability to work in a self-directed and proactive manner, and under direction, according to need;
- Proven ability to use social media to communicate;
- Empathy and perspective to help support teachers who are gaining comfort integrating technology into their instruction;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Ability to listen to understand;
- Ability to find common ground and common understanding;
- Ability to work in a focused team environment to meet common goals;
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively;
- Ability to discover new possibilities and opportunities;
- Ability to think creatively in responding to ISG’s needs;
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment;
- Confidentiality and discretion in responding to sensitive issues;
- Positive attitude towards continuous self-improvement.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Previous administrative experience, preferably as a Technology Director;
- International school experience and teaching experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven track record in collaboratively leading change and school improvement initiatives;
- Knowledge of current trends in American, British and international education;
- Knowledge of current trends and educational resources available in technology;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral;
- Masters or Advanced Degree;
- Enthusiasm for ISG’s change initiative.
Timeline for Search:
• June 27 – Search commences
• September 1 – Application deadline
• September - October – Candidate interviews
• October – Announcement of Director of Digital Learning
ISG reserves the right to close the selection if a suitable candidate is found prior to the dates indicated above.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply directly to ISG via Human Resources, copied to the Superintendent. Send via email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit the following in a single PDF document, submitted no later than September 1, 2014:
Please submit the following in a single PDF document, submitted no later than September 1, 2014.
• Max 3-page letter of interest in the position;
• Max 2-page resume of relevant qualifications and experience;
• Up to 3 contacts to serve as referees, which must include your current supervisor, a previous supervisor, and your current Head of School.
A link to an online portfolio that goes into depth or provides additional examples of experiences and skillsets is highly welcomed.
For further information about the position please call John Chapman, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, on 330 0555 Ext 3203. Additional information may be found about the International Schools Group by following the link to the district website: www.isg.edu.sa
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.