UNIS Hanoi is an extraordinary school - It is uniquely one of only two UN international schools in the world. It is where the world comes together every day and our 1200 students from 60+ nationalities are engaged in learning that leverages curiosity, critical thinking, independent research and rigorous expectations to nurture excellence, empathy, creativity and resilience.
Our students are attending the best universities in the world and our global community of alumni is quite literally changing the future for a better world. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT UNIS HANOI >>
We are seeking a Director of Finance & Operations to safeguard and support the sustainability of our Learning Community!
The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) has responsibility for non-educational support functions at UNIS Hanoi. The Director of Finance and Operations reports to and works closely with the Head of School to ensure that all matters within the DFO’s responsibility are conducted in such a way that they have a positive and beneficial effect upon the educational aims of the school.
The DFO has a strong strategic role and serves with the Director of Advancement and the Division Principals as a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The position directly supervises six positions - Financial Controller, Senior Manager of Human Resources, Senior Manager of Operations, Senior Manager of Government and Business Affairs, Director of Technology, Implementation and Information Systems and an assistant. The role works closely with the Director of Activities and the Director of Enrolment Management.
Financial Resource Management
- Maintains a strategic financial plan; prepares annual budgets, financial statements, cash flow statements and variance analysis as required.
- Liaises with the school's accounting staff and auditors in the preparation of annual financial audit.
- Establishes and supervises all internal accounting procedures including collecting, accounting and banking of all school funds
- Establishes and supervises accounting procedures covering current and capital expenditures, petty cash, budget management and invoicing to parents.
- Invests the school's short term funds in both current and savings accounts according to school policies.
- Reports to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors as required.
Human Resource Management
- Administers the appointments of all teaching, administrative and support staff, maintains staff files and implements salary arrangements.
- Is responsible for and oversees all teaching and support staff human resources policies and assuring that the school’s human resources policies are equitably applied.
- Organizes and implements the school's Group Insurance schemes (Medical, Dental, LTD etc.).
- Provides professional leadership and management of school support staff.
- Ensures that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy policies and procedures comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Facility and Property Management
- Manages the maintenance of all school premises; follows sound practices in facility management and grounds maintenance.
- Implements and supervises all outsourced services contracted by the school.
- Establishes a system for security controls including parking of cars and other vehicles within and adjacent to school property.
- Oversees all school building projects, liaises with project managers, architects, contractors etc.
Health and Safety
- Prepares and implements emergency plans and procedures to evacuate the buildings and restore use of the buildings in the event of any breakdown.
- Ensures the school’s health and safety policies are implemented at all times.
- Supervises the school security systems.
- Supports the productive and efficient use of informational technologies throughout the school’s programs and operations.
- Ensures the infrastructure and information systems are integrated into facility management.
Office and General Administration
- Maintains full and complete archives relating to all school functions especially financial and budgeting, the physical plant, student and employee records.
- Is responsible for the letting of school premises to outside bodies.
- Oversees external service contracts for outsourced services such as food and transportation services.
- Maintains fully adequate insurance policies covering all risks likely to affect the school's physical plant, students, employees and visitors.
- Ensure the school is in compliance with the Memorandum of Understanding and relevant Vietnamese laws. Serves as the point of contact for the attorney and works in tandem with the Head of School to build governmental relations.
- Spearheads the sustainable efforts in relation to the Strategic Directions and Annual Action Plan.