< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Dec 2, 21
Jan 31, 22
Job Posting: WBAIS Early Childhood Principal (beginning August 2022)
WBAIS teachers are dedicated to student success, concerned about the physical and emotional well-being of their students, passionate about student learning and excited by the prospect of working within a dynamic and diverse community.
Classroom practices emphasize active, collaborative learning; team-building activities; meaningful application of technology; authentic learning experiences and differentiated instruction to achieve high learning impact.
WBAIS and Israel:
Established under the auspices of the American Embassy in 1958, The Walworth Barbour American International School in Israel (WBAIS) is a MSA accredited, fully independent, co-educational Pre-K -12 international school, which offers a robust program leading to a US high school diploma.
With a present enrollment of approximately 600 students representing over 40 nationalities, AIS Israel is a diverse and vibrant community. Approximately 30% of AIS students are American, 40% from countries all over the world, and 30% Israelis.
In 2008 WBAIS moved to its current 19-acre campus that opened in 2007 and is located in the town of Even Yehuda, a residential community approximately 20 kilometers north of Tel Aviv. The purpose-built campus includes four separate divisions, a performing arts building with a 400-seat auditorium, full gym, cafeteria, library and media center, athletic fields, tennis and basketball courts, and an olympic-sized pool.
- Maintaining congruence between the WBAIS mission and all activities of the Early Childhood division.
- Acting as the educational leader of the division, responsible for its day-to-today operation, directing the activities of the members of the instructional team in the performance of their duties.
- behavioral guidelines, and other information necessary to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed, consistent with their individual roles.
- Hiring, training, observing, supervising, and evaluating faculty in the development and implementation of the curriculum, and reviewing and evaluating the academic programs.
- Providing an orderly, safe learning environment and a school climate that is supportive and reflects high morale.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements of government regulations and those agencies that examine and accredit the school.
- Making recommendations to the Superintendent regarding the hiring and assignment of faculty.
- Establishing programs for the orientation of new teachers, for in-service training of all Early Childhood teachers, and for the evaluation of classroom teachers, to ensure that teachers are familiar with and adhere to school policies and assumed practices in all areas of the school operation.
- Conducting regular meetings with faculty that deal both with routine school matters and with the exchange of ideas on issues of educational/philosophical import.
- Overseeing the coordination of the co-curricular and extra-curricular activity programs of the Early Childhood school; assisting in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; keeping all constituents informed of various school programs and activities.
- Providing for the academic guidance of students; ensuring the maintenance of complete academic records on all students and overseeing the grading and the reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement.
- Establishing guidelines for proper student conduct and maintaining student discipline consistent with school policies.
- Being a visible presence in all areas of the school; keeping the Superintendent informed of the general programs and activities of the school.
- Preparing a master school class schedule and assigning teachers and students to classes and other duties.
- Serving as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general school procedures.
- In charge of the Early Childhood admission process for the testing, interviewing, and evaluating of applicants for enrollment.
- Supporting the school and its leadership.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- As part of the Leadership team, oversee learning programs in the Early Childhood and help implementing the school-wide strategic learning initiatives
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion for educating early childhood students. and a history of successful educational leadership
- Successful experience as an early childhood or elementary program leader, supervisor and/or staff developer in similar role preferred (Early Childhood Program Director, Principal, Vice Principal, Reggio Emilia Staff Developer, Instructional Coach, ECE Curriculum Coordinator, etc)
- Minimum of a graduate degree in Educational Leadership or Educational Administration
- Teaching qualifications and prior experience in early childhood to Grade 1 (preferred)
- In-depth understanding of and ability to lead others in the Reggio Emilia core principles of early childhood education
- Administrative/Ed Leadership certification (or in progress)
- leadership with a strong focus on play and inquiry
- Leading teachers in designing integrated curriculum units/projects of inquiry
- Experience in identifying resources, recruiting faculty, personnel management (preferred).
- Exemplary communication skills (written and presentation skills)
- Demonstrates high social and emotional intelligence, empathy, open mindedness, humility, flexibility and collaboration.
- Positive, open, forward thinking and proactive, and an advocate for early childhood students, faculty, staff, and families
- Models a collaborative and supportive approach to problem solving
- Innovative and creative, models the values and direction of the school
- Demonstrates success in people development, team building and leadership
- Comfortable feeling uncomfortable, high degree of accountability, personal integrity and professional ethic
- Fluent in English
Application Process: Interested candidates, please apply through our WBAIS website @
https://www.wbais.net/about/employment. Please note, WBAIS does not sponsor B1 visas. As such, only applicants with valid work permits in Israel, or those eligible for SOFA visa status (U.S. citizens) may be considered for employment.
Reports to: Superintendent
Job Capacity: 100%
Start Date: Estimated start would be August 1, 2022
Apply @: https://www.wbais.net/about/employment
WBAIS Website: https://www.wbais.net/
Address: 65 Hashomron St., Even Yehuda, 4051765