< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 17, 19
Jun 1, 20
BEIJING INTERNATIONAL BILINGUAL ACADEMY
TITLE: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
CONTRACT PERIOD: 3 Years
The Elementary School Principal serves as the educational and community leader for BIBA’s ES division which has over 900 students. The Principal ensures that everyday school activity supports BIBA’s mission and philosophy, oversees curriculum development and implementation, and maintains a partnering relationship among students, parents and teachers.
SUPERVISED, EVALUATED BY & REPORTS TO:
C- Head of School
- Experience in leading a prominent educational division or institution
- Teaching certificate/qualification and advanced degree (MEd, PhD) in education
- Extensive understanding of and experience with bilingual education
- Demonstrated and track record of strong leadership in creation and motivation of a collaborative working environment with shared vision and objectives
- Experience in successfully supervising and supporting teachers in the development of school programs and excellence in teaching
- Experience in managing enrolment, staffing, scheduling and budget
- Experience in recruiting high performing teachers and track record of strong leadership in professional development
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to plan and act strategically, excellent executive abilities
- Experience and enthusiasm in working in an international setting, awareness and appreciation of cultural differences, relevant consequences and benefits
- Good understanding of and experience in integration of technology to improve student learning
- Communication skills in Chinese will be an advantage
- Oversee the day-to-day function of all Elementary School programs to fulfil the school’s mission and philosophy
- Lead and oversee the on-going development of the BIBA’s bilingual/bicultural curriculum
- Supervise, oversee and analyse learning and assessment outcomes and make recommendations for improvement
- Supervise ES teachers, assistants and coordinators
- Appraise/evaluate teachers according to the school’s Professional Expectations Process
- Liaise with the Middle and High School Principal with a view to ensuring cohesion and consistency in procedures, programs and curriculum from Early Childhood to Grade 12
- Oversee student discipline and welfare
- Working with the C-Head of School with teacher and staff recruitment
- Develop annual academic budget and oversee expenditures
- Serve as the elementary school’s representative to the school community and the community at large
- Participating in branding, marketing of the school and activities related to student admission
- Serve as a standing member of the school’s Academic Management Team, and participating in school-wide leadership & decision-making
- Any other duties as assigned by the C-Head of School
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
BIBA’s package for International hires includes: Salary commensurate (based on the number of years of teaching experience), Housing; Summer Travel Allowance; Paid Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave; Medical Insurance; Visa/Work Permit; and Full Tuition for Dependent Children.
Beijing International Bilingual Academy is one of the fastest growing bilingual international schools in Beijing. At our Beijing campus we have over a 1600 students coming from more than 25 different countries. Our students study in a joyous environment that values respect, understanding, and innovation. BIBA is an IB World School and is authorized to offer the IB Diploma Programme. We are accredited by WASC and at the same time we are an active member of ACAMIS, ISAC and JISAC.
Our learning culture at BIBA is one which combines rigor, discipline and traditions of Chinese teaching methods with the vibrant, stimulating and outward looking creativity of International methods. The result is a student body which loves to study hard and play hard and in two languages!
Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect and integration in a dynamic global community.
BIBA Mission and Core Values
Through a blending of Eastern and Western philosophies, BIBA inspires students to:
- Be rigorous, balanced, and independent life-long learners.
- Develop compassionate and positive relationships.
- Respect and appreciate the world in which they live.
- Understand their role and responsibility in a global community.
Our Four R’s Culture
R - igor
R - espect
R - esponsibility
R - elationships
We strive to utilize our 4 R’s into our daily lives; rigor, respect, responsibility and relationships. A combination of these values makes BIBA an inimitable culture to be a part of.
Working With Us
Our campuses are totally family friendly, with a very diverse faculty from different nationalities, culture and backgrounds, all sheltered under one umbrella. Our educators and administrators are all driven by the sole desire to exploit our students’ potentials though innovation, knowledge and skills.
Our Obligation to You
We value all our educations and administrators, and will invest in their welfare, as well as training and career growth.
We provide competitive and attractive salaries and benefits package to our staff.
We recognize our responsibility to society and to the environment, and will develop policies and practices that make a real difference.
Professional Career Development
Our success as an institution can only be made possible through the efforts and hard work of our educators and administrators. Therefore, professional development is highly valued at BIBA and each year there is allocated budgets for supporting various forms of professional development activities for staff.
- These include: various forms of in-house professional development (PD) activities such as pre-term induction programs, PD days, and different types of departmental PD opportunities by internal staff or invited external experts; and
- Opportunities for applying to attending external PD activities such as conferences, seminars, workshop, training etc.
Internal Transfers and Advancements
We strongly believe in and give internal candidate first preference over external candidates, when all qualifications are equal. This gives the staff an opportunity to explore their personal growth and career goals. With various campuses around China, we also strongly encourage transfers among the schools.
Do you like to explore, visit interesting and historical places? Would you like to be immersed in an ancient culture? Beijing has been China’s capitol city for over 800 years, a city which is a vibrant blend of modern and ancient. A place which you could explore every weekend and will not see it all. The Forbidden City, The Summer Palace, The Temple of Heaven or The Ming Tombs to name a few, an exotic shopping experience, markets for all your needs. A visit to the Great Wall the largest man-made structure in the world! Performances, Art, Sport, the Olympic Stadium every weekend something new. If you are passionate about learning new things why not try to speak mandarin? ‘NiHao’ or learn Tai Chi in your local park, the adventures for you are endless and the opportunities in a SAFE environment are tremendous.
If you believe this is the type of working environment for you, and feel as if you possess what we are looking for, we invite you to contact our HR department to discuss the role further.! Please find details below:
Please send your application including cover letter and resume to our recruitment email address.