< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Nov 5, 21
Dec 10, 21
HEAD OF BRITISH AND INTERNATIONAL ENGAGEMENT - January - February 2022 start
Head of British and International Engagement
To enhance the British and international essence of the school
International Award Coordinator
The CAC is very proud of its British heritage and traditions and its international mindedness. We wish to enhance these intrinsic elements of our school even further. The Head of British and International Engagement will be expected to take a leading role in this endeavour.
The main functions of the Head of British and International Networking are to:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of the British and International engagement programme.
- Ensure that the strategic goals related to the role are met
- Strengthen the school’s already existing international memberships
- Raise the profile of the school internationally
- Build excellent relationships on behalf of the school with schools and organisations around the world
- Increase the number of British and international student exchange programmes
- Increase the number of British/international cultural events our students participate in
- Establish a programme to twin with a school of similar prestige in the UK
- Promote and strength the British traditions of the schoo
- Ensure excellent relationships with British based organisations in Colombia, such as the British Embassy, the British Chamber of Commerce and the British Council.
- Develop regional relationships and opportunities through our membership of the Latin American Headmasters Conference (LAHC)
- Establish mechanisms by which to establish level of success / indicators against the main responsibility of the role
- Liaise with the educational visits coordinator (EVC) in relation to risk assessment on trips/visits
- Liaise with the school designated safeguarding lead (DSL) in relation to safeguarding on trips/visits
- Participate as required in reaccreditation exercises and the application process for new memberships
- Be the Round Square representative for the school and coordinate the work of Round Square in the school. This includes responsibility for the GAP programme
- Line-manage the International Award Coordinator
- Be a liaison with International families who have children at the school.
- Manage the British and International Networking budget
- Participate actively in the operation of the school, including on school trips and with events.
- Participate in the creation of the calendar of events for the school
- Uphold and model the school values
- Be a student mentor and teach up to 2 classes
- Undertake any other reasonable duties at the request of the Rector/Principal.
The successful applicant would preferably have:
- worked in a school/universities
- led projects/events
- budgetary experience
- PR experience and know-how
- leadership experience
The successful applicant would:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be a self-starter
- Be able to make and keep commitments to others
- Be good at working to deadlines
- Be strategic in their thinking
- Be highly skilled in developing, implementing and evaluating action plans in order to achieve strategic objectives.
- Be inspiring and motivational
- Have strong organisational and administrative skills
- Be resilient
- Be committed to being bilingual in English and Spanish, if not already bilingual
Colegio Anglo Colombiano
CAC is one of the most renowned schools in Colombia and the wider region. It has been an IB World School since 1980, and has been fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) since 1998. It is fully committed to delivering the very best education possible.
The school is set on a beautiful campus, and enjoys state-of-the-art facilities. It makes for an inspiring learning and working environment.
Web page : www.anglocolombiano.edu.co
Bogota is the political, economic and cultural heart of the nation with a high percentage of expats. Colombia itself is a highly populated country with the majority of the population living within cities. It is also one of the most biologically diverse nations on Earth, and boasts stunning scenery from mountains to beaches, jungles and beyond.
The Opportunity: benefits and further details
This position offers a generous package including a relocation allowance, housing, private health insurance, a pension plan, flights, Spanish lessons and full educational costs for any legally dependent children. Additionally, being part of the IB schools network, professional development opportunities on offer are excellent.
How to apply
For further information about CAC, please visit the website at https://www.anglocolombiano.edu.co/index.php/en/. Candidates who wish to apply should submit the information requested below in the form and manner requested.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages.
- A one-page list of at least three references who have directly supervised the performance of the candidate with the current phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Applications and updated CV should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Friday December 10th
We reserve the right to close the search earlier than the stated application deadline if a suitable and qualified candidate is found early in the process.