< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 3, 21
Oct 30, 21
The Canadian International School of Singapore seeks a
Head of Communications and Marketing
Closing Date for Applications: October 30, 2021
Starting Date: September 3, 2022
To unleash the potential of all individuals so they can own their future
Engage Enlighten Empower
Collaboration Curiosity Creativity
About Our School
The Canadian International School (CIS) is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, one of the few schools in Singapore to offer the IB continuum, PYP, MYP and DP.
CIS has a student population of 3,000+ and a professional staff of 315. The school offers students an opportunity to develop through a diverse and rigorous curriculum and a wide range of activities.
Two campuses in Singapore
The Lakeside Campus (Nursery to Grade 12) adopts a school-within-a-school design, creating unique and distinct communities in a school that houses students from Nursery through to Grade 12. The school combines state-of-the-art classrooms, learning pods, and other learning spaces to support the inquiry-based approach and encourages a strong sense of community.
The school is currently constructing a new wing that has been designed to meet the Nursery to Grade 1 students’ needs and includes Singapore’s largest outdoor discovery center.
The Tanjong Katong Campus (Nursery to Grade 6) caters to the needs of pre-kindergarten to grade 6 learners. CIS’ Tanjong Katong (TK) Campus is located in Singapore’s East Coast and features a mix of intimate indoor learning spaces and generous, leafy outdoor activity and sporting areas. Grade levels are clustered together to allow easy collaboration and sharing between grade levels.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of the long-term marketing & communication vision for the CIS brand, including all of the organisation’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, social media strategy and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other areas of the business.
- Provide leadership in creating a marketing and brand strategy to ensure CIS is a School of Choice in Singapore for prospective families
- Collaborate with all business functions to create and implement effective go to market strategies for new and existing products, programs and services
- Direct market / customer research, forecasting, and competitive analysis to identify market opportunities and customer needs, and where applicable translate results into actionable insights for the business team
- Direct the development and execution of an integrated omni-channel marketing strategy that drives enrolment growth, retention of students and engagement, while gathering and reporting meaningful data analytics for future decision making
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns and activities, including advertising, public relations, events, promotions and sales tools
- Implement performance metrics and tracking tools to measure results
- Create integrated marketing programs that promotes positive relationships and reputation with the community, both internal and external and attracts prospective parents and students
- Develop a cohesive communications strategy for both internal and external audiences
- Assemble and oversee a diversely skilled communications team
- Lead and manage internal communications through both traditional and digital platforms
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
- Cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness
- Managing media relations
- Ensuring quality control of all information released
- Lead the activities of the Communications & Marketing Department, including managing department personnel, short-term and long-term scheduling, resource needs, and developing and managing the annual marketing budget
- Oversee integration, implementation, and measurement of the corporate brand strategy across all aspects of the business
- Build high performance culture through effective coaching and developing team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum 10 years in senior brand and marketing positions in an international organisation
- Relevant industry sectors are FMCG, banking, luxury consumer goods. Experience from the education sector coupled with the above sectors is a strong advantage but not a must
- Strong in stakeholder management, self motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
- Naturally curious and interested in learning about people and new concepts
- Empathetic leader who is able to listen, connect, teach, inspire and motivate
- True marketeer with a strong track record in building consumer brands through clear positioning, storytelling and distinct USPs
- Experience in designing successful campaigns to increase lead generation with a strong ROI within budget
- Proven track record of organising, marketing and executing both live and online events
- Background with staff/customer communications (volume would be a good indicator of expertise) & crisis management
- Strong story telling ability to craft a consistent, compelling, and accurate account of CIS people and programs - both internally & externally (across all channels).
- Experience with in-house creative team would be an advantage as you need to have lots of ideas
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send the resume in pdf file attachment to:
Head of Human Resources
Additional information about our school can be found on the school’s website at www.cis.edu.sg
Initial closing date for applications – October 30, 2021
CIS reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the application deadline should this prove desirable. For this reason, it would be important for interested applicants to submit an expression of interest in the position at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Canadian International School of Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all who work and learn with us. All applicants to the school must be willing to undergo rigorous child protection screening, including checks with past employers and Disclosure and barring service checks.
We reserve the right to contact past employers not listed in the candidate’s application.