< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Dec 6, 18
Jan 31, 19
Head of English Language Learning Programme K – 12
The Canadian International School of Singapore seeks a
Head - English Language Learning Programme K - 12
For the 2019-2020 school year
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Starting Date: August 1, 2019
Who Are We?
The Canadian International School of Singapore delivers extraordinary learning to globally connected students. We offer a nurturing environment, an international curriculum, and a culturally diverse community to foster exceptional achievement. Together we taking action to make the world a better place.
Who Are We Looking For?
You are a recognized leader in the field of ELL who can apply your extensive knowledge, experience and leadership skills to improving student achievement.
As Head of ELL you will direct all aspects of our ELL and Secondary School Foundation Program across both campuses and be responsible for overseeing all program content, instruction, assessment, placement and staff training and evaluation.
About Our School
The Canadian International School of Singapore (CIS) was founded in 1989. It is an IB continuum school serving a student population of approximately 3,200 students of over 80 nationalities from Nursery (age 2) to Grade 12 across two campuses.
We are two campuses but very much one school. Our Lakeside campus serves a student population of approximately 2,500 students and our Tanjong Katong campus serves 700 students K - 6.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in ELL, ESL, Literacy or Applied Linguistics
- A minimum of fifteen years of outstanding teaching experience
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated school leadership experience
- Exceptional program organizational abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior conflict resolution strategies
- Competence in working with culturally diverse staff and communities
- An effective communicator, having the capacity to listen, empathize, and connect, as well as teach, present, and motivate
- A self-directed leader with a deep knowledge of best practices as it relates to English Language Learning and bilingual/multilingual learning
- A facilitator building strong and productive relationships with students, parents, teachers, and the community
- A culture builder - communicating and modelling a strong and viable vision
- An activator with motivation, energy, and enthusiasm to spare
- A producer who is results-oriented with a strong sense of accountability in building intellectual development and academic achievement
- A character builder who models values, words, and deeds that are marked by trustworthiness, respect, and integrity
- An active contributor whose priority is making contributions to the success of others
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send the information listed below as a single pdf file attachment to:
Mr. Pete Corcoran
Head of School
Canadian International School of Singapore
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application package must include:
- A one-page letter of application explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in applying for this position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages including a recent picture
- A one-page list of references with the business, home phone numbers and email addresses of three school administrators with whom you have worked
Additional information about our school can be found on the school’s website at www.cis.edu.sg
CIS reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the application deadline should this prove desirable. For this reason, it would be important for interested applicants to submit an expression of interest in the position at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Canadian International School of Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all who work and learn with us. All applicants to the school must be willing to undergo rigorous child protection screening, including checks with past employers and Disclosure and Barring service checks.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.