< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jan 16, 20
May 30, 20
Seeks an Head of Primary School
Application Deadline: 30st May 2020
Applications should be sent to HR: Oriole.Huang@hd.kaiwenacademy.cn
1. The School
KWA was opened in August 2016. As a boarding international school, it provides world-class education to Grade 1-12. KWA is located at the foot of the beautiful and historic Yuquan Mountain in Haidian District, Beijing. The school has a stylish garden campus with natural flora and a rich cultural background. The campus covers an area of 20 thousand square meters and includes 33,000 square meters of indoor are, a green area of 70,000 square meters and the 11,000 square meters or aquatic landscape. The plot ratio is 0.17. The campus uses the terrain, plants, garden features, and sports & leisure space to form a large concentrated green land and open space to enable students to embrace nature.
2. Educational Philosophy
We desire to cultivate our students to be able to choose freely in the future, to bravely face life and explore the world, to have a broad international perspective and to constantly soar to new heights in the future.
Adaptability: fully respect each student’s personality. Provide students with free space to develop.
Courage: Help students face their challenges and push the limits. Inspire our student’s courage to grow through adversity.
Persistence: Concern about students’ growth. Provide students with an elevated platform and integrate various optional resources.
At the elementary school level, courses and teaching activities center on cultivating interest, acquiring basic learning skills, and guiding methods of thought. By collaborating on lesson plans teachers can better help students build knowledge associations as well as inspire and guide them to think more creatively and independently.
Courses in middle school become more difficult, and the advantages of a small class size become more apparent. This is crucial for a smooth transition from elementary school to middle school. Learning at the middle school stage mainly focuses on academic and personal growth to prepare students for upcoming high school studies.
The curriculum and class periods for high school students are arranged according to American high school curriculum, including challenging core academic courses, a large number of elective courses, and diverse co-curricular courses as well as considerate college counseling and significant community service opportunities, all of which prepare students for their upcoming university studies.
Arts & Sports Courses that Shape a Well-Rounded Personality
Kaiwen's Arts and Sports Courses are among the best in China and provide students with first-class learning environments, curriculum designs, and teachers. Students in different grades are provided with exclusive sports stadiums and courts, as well as professional music and dance studios, to ensure that Kaiwen students develop personal qualities that meet the high requirements of internationalized education.
4. Job Description:
Title: Head of Primary School
Report to: Vice Principals & Headmaster
Salary Range: Negotiable, plus other bonus and benefits.
The Head of School is a member of the School Top Leadership Team. He/she plays a vital role to Lead a committed and professional team of teaching staff in developing excellent Instructional programs, ensure the safety and success of students and maintain positive and harmonious relationships between students, parents, and teachers.
The Head of School will:
- Lead a committed and professional team of teaching staff in developing excellent Instructional programs.
- Foster a caring and encouraging environment of trust and integrity.
- Recruit and nurture staff. Evaluate the performance of the teaching team.
- Review the compensation and benefits for teaching team and present proposals for optimization.
- Create a learning culture of collaboration, engagement, discovery, and discipline.
- Promote the health, safety and well-being of each of the School’s students and teachers both on campus and school programs.
- Oversee the program of the academic, experiential, and co-curricular activities related.
Preferred Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following key skills, experience and attributes:
- Lead a primary school-wide rigorous academic program.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to use those to influence the educational agenda of the primary school.
- Show a clear international orientation, cultural sensitivity and intellectual rigor. Welcome differences, and embrace the richness of Chinese culture.
- Represent the highest educational and professional standards.
- Succeed in hiring, leading, and managing faculty of academic department.
- Have strong interpersonal and communicating skills.
- Have a commitment to professional and personal development.
- Enthusiasm in Education Industry.
- At least 10 years working experience as Head of Primary Schools.
- Familiar with American Curriculum, Common Core.
- Master Degree or above with teacher/principal certificate.
- Ability to promote excellent standards of teaching and learning.
- Optimistic, open-minded, excellent team work spirit and people skills.
- Interested in China, Chinese language and culture.