< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 17, 19
Dec 12, 19
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an outstanding school in Colombia. The Head of Primary will be responsible for leading the drive for continuous improvement in the primary section.
CAC was established in 1956. It is a private, not for profit, co-educational and non-denominational international school, based upon the British educational system.
There are over 530 students and 65 staff members in the Primary section. The Head of Primary will oversee the curriculum and all aspects of teaching and learning, within the IB Primary Years programme (PYP), and the Colombian Standards. The Head of Primary will also be expected to lead on INSET/teacher professional development. The school is particularly interested in candidates who have proven experience in school development and excellence, preferably within a renowned inspection/accreditation framework.
Colegio Anglo Colombiano
CAC is one of the most renowned schools in Colombia and the wider region. It has been an IB World School since 1980, and has been fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) since 1998. It is fully committed to delivering the very best education possible.
The school is set on a beautiful campus, and enjoys state-of-the-art facilities. It makes for an inspiring learning and working environment.
Web page : www.anglocolombiano.edu.co
Bogota is the political, economic and cultural heart of the nation with a high percentage of expats. Colombia itself is a highly populated country with the majority of the population living within cities. It is also one of the most biologically diverse nations on Earth, and boasts stunning scenery from mountains to beaches, jungles and beyond.
PGCE/ Masters degree
Minimum 8 yrs of experience on Leadership positions.
HEAD OF PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
Colegio Anglo Colombiano - Job Description
Position Primary Head of Section
Section Primary (G1, G2,G3,G4)
Line Manager Rector
The main functions of the Primary head of Section are related to implementing strategic decisions and upholding the good name and reputation of the primary section in all aspects :
- Ensure the that the primary section delivers quality teaching and learning
- Ensure that the primary section, through the pastoral deputy, provides for excellent student welfare
- Ensure that Strategic Development Plan (SDP) primary section objectives are met
- Participate in the School Strategic plan review / training
- Lead staff and students in the primary section in continuous improvement as per CIS objective
- Support the Rector (principal) with the primary staff recruitment
- Be aligned with all PYP philosophy and requirements
- Lead new primary staff induction
- Liaise with Deputies and Designated Safeguarding Lead as appropriate ( Safeguarding)
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the Whole School Educational support coordinator regarding primary students’ academic needs
- Liase and work collaboratively with the school data manager to anaylse primary standardised data
- Provide on-going CPD for teaching and non teaching staff, parents, students
- Ensure effective and clear communication
- Ensure effective staff meetings
- Participate in the primary admissions process
- Be available for students, staff and parents when needed
- Prepare and Manage the section budget
- Present primary staff/ pedagogical resources needs
- Ensure that resources are well used
- Lead , organize and participate in parents meetings
- Lead and participate in the appraisal process of : Academic and Pastoral Deputies, PYP Co, EVC coordinator, New staff, Librarian, Secretary and Admin Assistant.
- Participate in the review of the documents related with the programme/section
- Attend relevant school events/activities
- Represent the primary school as a Leadership Team member
- Promote high levels of primary staff commitment, morale and motivation
- Undertake any other reasonable duties at the request of
Please send a CV, contact details of minimum 3 referees and a letter of application outlining suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is December 12th. Please note that the school encourages early applications, and reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline should we find the right candidate.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.