< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jul 10, 19
Aug 15, 19
Your leadership will make a difference
Through seven modern campuses and with a large team of professional teachers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual education system to over 8,500 predominantly Vietnamese students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. As our student base is growing even stronger, we are truly excited about having even more highly motivated, enthusiastic and capable leaders to join us.
What are the advantages for you?
VAS has been improving the quality of our curriculum over the past years and incorporates an advanced and highly successful integrated curriculum between Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. We currently have strong and competent teams of teachers and support staff across a range of subjects. Teachers are supported and encouraged to use a modern and active learning approach to deliver the curriculum.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wants to expand their international senior leadership and teaching experience at a fast-growing, innovative and successful school. All our teachers and leaders are offered unique training experiences including the opportunities to gain further accreditation through our Cambridge International Professional Development Centre. We offer a clear career pathway for growth and development within the early years curriculum and, in this role, an opportunity to develop leadership and management capabilities.
What you will do?
As Head of Primary, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. This role will also cover 50% teaching load. The key duties of this role will include:
- Coordinate teaching and learning within the department
- Oversee all academic planning and implementation, and ensure appropriateness and compliance with EYFS and Cambridge Primary
- Coordinate parent workshops and information sessions
- Oversee staff input of information into Engage (IT system) and student reports
- Oversee and support teachers with the management of the learning environment and student behaviour
- Liaise and work with MOET staff at the campus in relation to student information in Primary and Kindergarten
- Communicate with and attend Central team meetings related to Primary and Kindergarten curricula
- Carry out observations and provide feedback to teachers in accordance with VAS regulations
- Ensure that teaching and learning in the classrooms within all Primary and Kindergarten grades are of a consistently high standard through the development and implementation of robust quality assurance procedures
- Actively develop and contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and happy teams, within a strong collegiate culture
- Promote and develop to students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom
- Provide an excellent role model for other teachers in the delivery of an international curriculum
- Be a valued member of the campus Senior Management Team and contribute to its self-evaluation and strategic development plans
Your background and experience
This is a certified teaching position that requires you to have a recognised teaching qualification in primary education and around 5 years of teaching experience. It is also required that you have previous leadership or coordination experience, preferably from within VAS or from an international school following the Cambridge International curriculum. Furthermore, we are looking for a teacher with the following traits and behaviours:
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with diverse people
- Genuine interest in the field of early childhood education from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective
- Open mindset and ability to develop efficient student and parent’s relationships
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values
As senior employee our package will include a competitive base salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, visa and work permit reimbursement, settling-in allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, medical insurance, numerous weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. In addition, you will have generous non-contact time for planning, preparation and professional growth.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.