Head of School
Kongsberg International School
Kongsberg International School (KIS) completed 10 years of existence in July 2013, having been established to serve the needs of an increasingly international community in what is called a “Technology Town”.
KIS employs 36 staff members, including 26 faculty members and the student body consists of 200 students from more than 30 nationalities. Even among the staff members we have 13 different nationalities, giving the school a diverse and multicultural flavour. Since its foundation KIS has always taught the IB curriculum with passion and vigour.
Kongsberg is a small city located in the south-east part of Norway, only about 80km from Oslo, with proximity to mountains and the south coast of Norway. The town has a versatile industry and commerce business life. Kongsberg has about 26.000 inhabitants, and many of the citizens are employed in international high-tech companies which operate all over the world. The main areas for the industry are defence, aerospace, oil and gas, maritime systems, car part production, EDP, and optics. Kongsberg is also known for offering a range of opportunities for those interested in outdoor leisure activities, such as golf, fishing, and cross country- and alpine skiing.
KIS works closely with industry in a mutually beneficial environment that encourages the on-going development of resources and talent.
We are now searching for candidates to the position as Head of School, Kongsberg International School.
- Visionary and Strategic Management. Drive the process of developing the school to be well positioned in the future. Analyse opportunities for growth and relocation of the school.
- Develop and manage goals and budgets
- Lead and develop the school’s employees and ensure that the staff has the correct capacity and skills
- Plan, organise and guide both PYP and MYP programmes, supported by the Curriculum Coordinators, according to IB guidelines and standards
- Be a visible and active Head of School with employees, students, parents and the larger community
Preferred qualifications and personal skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in educational science
- Formal education or relevant experience in Strategic Management
- Experience from teaching and leadership
- Experience from working in an international environment, and a mind-set focused on cultural awareness
- An appreciation of and belief in the IB Primary and Middle Years Programmes
- A willingness to embrace Norwegian culture and legislation
- Excellent English skills
We can offer:
- A management position with great potential for influence and personal and professional development.
- Interesting work tasks in an inspiring, international environment
- An informal and stimulating work environment with a high professional standard
- Competitive terms and conditions
For start August 2014 or later for the right candidate. For further information, please contact Chair of Board, Kari-Anne Gundersen, tel: (+47) 924 35 749, or Business Manager KIS, Andrew Gregory, tel: (+47) 993 13 519
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.
Please apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 7 March 2014.