< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Head of School
Madison Country Day School (USA)
Appointed - Position has been filled
Jun 24, 14
Sep 15, 14
HEAD OF SCHOOL OPPORTUNITY Anticipated Start Date July 1, 2015
Madison Country Day School is a PK-12 independent co-educational school just ten miles from the University of Wisconsin flagship campus and the state capital. It is Dane County’s only PK-12 independent school. The School prides itself on delivering academic excellence in an inspiring environment with an international curriculum in a nurturing and supportive environment.
Founded in 1997, MCDS serves 365 students with a mission to provide an intellectually stimulating, personally enriching, and academically challenging course of studies within the liberal arts and sciences to an able and diverse student body. The community measures the curriculum and student achievement against the finest programs in the world and serves as a partner with other private and public schools. A 45 acre campus sets the scene for the hands-on program with modern science labs, an expansive gymnasium, inspiring classrooms, athletic fields, and collegiate-level track.
The School’s mission is grounded in two key beliefs about children and learning: Every child possesses an extraordinary capacity to learn; and, effort is generally more important than ability. These beliefs drive decisions and inspire all teaching and learning at MCDS.
In 2008, MCDS became the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in Dane County. The past five years in particular have witnessed rapid growth and expansion, including enrollment expansion from the low 200’s to the high 300’s; MCDS anticipates further growth towards the high 400’s during the implementation of its 5-year Strategic Plan. Average class size is 16, with a student-faculty ratio of 7 to 1. MCDS is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of Central States and is a member of NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools).
The ideal candidate for the next Head of School is:
- A dynamic leader with the ability to build and support talented faculty and staff
- An innovative manager with experience leading a school through a growth phase
- An energetic, accessible, visible leader who is passionate about embracing the sense of community at MCDS among faculty, students, and families
- A committed educator who understands the needs of students Pre-K through Grade 12
- A visionary leader who can take the school through a successful campaign to meet the goals of Strategic Plan 2018
- An informed educator who recognizes the needs and expectations of an internationally- benchmarked curricula with knowledge of International Baccalaureate programs
Files will be reviewed as received. Preference will be given to candidates who present their application materials prior to the end of August 15, 2014, with September 15, 2014 deadline for first-round applicants.
Application materials should be emailed: to Dr. Richard K. Jung at email@example.com, including the following:
(1) a cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for this position;
(2) a current resume, including phone numbers, e-mail address, and SKYPE address;
(3) a personal statement of educational philosophy; and
(4) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five references.
All materials, inquiries, and nominations will be held in strict confidence at this time. For more information about Madison Country Day School please visit: www.madisoncountryday.org.
For additional information please click here for a PDF about the school.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.