< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 29, 20
Oct 30, 20
Please click here for full details and application instructions.
Head of Secondary
The Head of Secondary is responsible to the Head of School for the day-to-day operations of the Secondary School. He / she provides leadership of all aspects related to teaching and learning and ensures the ongoing development of the school in line with the designated chapters of the Strategic Plan.
As leader of a team of talented professionals, the Head of Secondary will be expected to:
- Be supportive of the school’s mission, vision and core values and ensure common understandings of these statements across all key constituencies.
- Promote a culture of openness, shared values, teamwork and collaboration through active and supportive leadership.
- Be a good listener, an excellent communicator and a proactive leader who acts at all times in the best interests of the students.
- Ensure that the school’s commitment to academic and personal excellence is reflected in the attitudes and behaviours of all Secondary students.
- Be experienced in international school curricular including but not limited to the IGCSE, IB Diploma and the National Curriculum of England.
- Work with the Key Stage Leaders in the implementation of the Key Stage 3 curriculum, the IGCSE and the IB Diploma.
- Contribute to marketing and student retention strategies in the Secondary and work with the Head of School to recruit and retain highly capable faculty.
- Liaise with team members in the development of an effective school timetable, which meets the needs of the whole school within the statutory frameworks and the resources available.
- Be actively involved in the appraisal process and, in the process, provide informed feedback on teacher growth, performance and development and taking remediation action if and when necessary.
- Promote cross Key Stage continuity and effective transition of students to the life after Renaissance.
- Promote and support all applicable school policies as they relate to teaching, learning, and day-to-day school operations.
- Contribute to the planning process for the distribution of resources, to ensure they meet the school’s identified priorities.
- Be technology savvy, have a broad curriculum knowledge and be skilled in the analysis of student achievement data to inform educational decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of the school as a centre of learning within the community; strengthening partnerships with other schools, agencies and services.
- Work collaboratively with parents to build a climate of trust, support and a strong home to school and school to home partnership.
- Function as a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team, write concise reports for the Board when required and attend Board meetings on an invitational basis.
Further, the Head of Secondary will be expected to:
- Teach one class up to and including IB
- Devote additional time as required and directed by the Head of School to support school aims and perform allocated tasks including, but not limited to, involvement in new faculty induction and orientation, school events and attendance at Board meetings.
- Ensure all academic members of staff within the Secondary take responsibility for the educational development and pastoral care of pupils at Renaissance.
- Ensure that the ‘One School’ ethos and approach is supported and strengthened.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as instructed by the Head of School after due discussion.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The school is seeking a Head of Secondary who:
- Works as part of a wider leadership team and accepts the challenge of moving the Secondary School to the next level.
- Is an able communicator – both written and verbal – and can motivate a team around a compelling vision.
- Is adept in the use of technology and student management systems.
- Can demonstrate passion, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, flexibility and adaptability.
- Is a strong supporter of the extra-curricular life of a school.
- Has the ability to inspire and motive a team of professionals to achieve the best for the school and students.
- Excellent academic qualifications. Master’s preferred.
- Experience as a Divisional Head in an accredited school in an international setting.
- Experience with school accreditation – preferably CIS.
- A strong commitment to school improvement with proven outcomes.
- Experience in the recruitment process and the ability to attract highly able teachers.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- A strategic thinker and a hands on approach to leadership where required.
- Experience in the design, implementation and review of a school timetable.
SALARY and BENEFITS
A competitive salary and benefits package will be available to the successful candidate which includes annual Premium Economy return flights to the point of hire, medical but USA excluded, a generous housing allowance, tuition for up to two dependent children, settling in allowance and gratuity.
Renaissance International School Saigon is committed to safeguarding the welfare of the students in its care. It expects that this commitment is uniform across the school and pre-employment background checks to determine an applicant’s suitability to work with children will be undertaken before any offer of employment is made.