< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Apr 15, 22
May 30, 22
Seeks a Head of Secondary School
Application Deadline: 30th May 2022
Applications should be sent to HR: Oriole.Huang@hd.kaiwenacademy.cn
Beijing Haidian Kaiwen Academy (KWA), founded in 2016 is a K-12 international school accredited by Cognia and a WASC Candidate School. Located at the foot of the picturesque and historic YuQuan Mountain, Haidian District in Beijing, the KWA campus is 200,000 square meters of beautiful gardens that integrate natural ecology, cultural heritage and modern beauty with 140,000 square meters green area and 3940 square meters area.
Curriculum at KWA
Our school is organized into the Primary School, grades K-5, the Middle School, grades 6-8, and high school, grades 9-12. Under the guidance of the Ministry of Education’s nine-year compulsory education program, KWA’s curriculum is built on strength from both Chinese and western education.
For Primary and Middle School, we follow a bilingual program using the US Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards along with the Chinese National Curriculum.
For High School, we follow the US Common Core and College Board AP curriculum and have introduced the IGCSE and A-Level UK program in 2021.
To cultivate nationalistic and globally minded leaders
To honor and carry forward KWA’s mission of laying a solid foundation to cultivate future leaders. We seek to cultivate students with leadership, global vision and devotion to family and country.
KWA’s educational vision is to guide students to explore their individual talents. While perusing global competencies, to support teachers in reaching the top of their careers and to push itself forward into becoming one of the best schools around the world.
The organizations KWA partnered with
KWA cooperated with many world-famous organizations, such as MLB (Major League Baseball), IMG Academy, Manchester City Football Group, Football club Bayern Munich, NHL (National Hockey League), Initial View, CIS and IACAC, to provide first class education platform to the students. KWA already got membership and certificate from Search Associates, AdvancED, etc.
Title: Head of Secondary School
Report to: Vice Principal & Headmaster
Salary Range: Negotiable, plus other bonus and benefits.
The Head of School is a member of the School Top Leadership Team. He/she plays a vital role to Lead a committed and professional team of teaching staff in developing excellent Instructional programs, ensure the safety and success of students and maintain positive and harmonious relationships between students, parents, and teachers.
The Head of Secondary School will:
- Lead a committed and professional team of teaching staff in developing excellent Instructional programs.
- Foster a caring and encouraging environment of trust and integrity.
- Recruit and nurture staff. Evaluate the performance of the teaching team.
- Review the compensation and benefits for teaching team and present proposals for optimization.
- Create a learning culture of collaboration, engagement, discovery, and discipline.
- Promote the health, safety and well-being of each of the School’s students and teachers both on campus and school programs.
- Oversee the program of the academic, experiential, and co-curricular activities related.
Preferred Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following key skills, experience and attributes:
- Lead a secondary school-wide rigorous academic program.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to use those to influence the educational agenda of the secondary school.
- Show a clear international orientation, cultural sensitivity and intellectual rigor. Welcome differences, and embrace the richness of Chinese culture.
- Represent the highest educational and professional standards.
- Succeed in hiring, leading, and managing faculty of academic department.
- Have strong interpersonal and communicating skills.
- Have a commitment to professional and personal development.
- Enthusiasm in Education Industry.
- At least 10 years working experience as Head of Secondary Schools.
- Familiar with American Curriculum.
- Master Degree or above with teacher/principal certificate.
- Ability to promote excellent standards of teaching and learning.
- Optimistic, open-minded, excellent team work spirit and people skills.
- Interested in China, Chinese language and culture.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and benefits package we provide will be very competitive depending on the qualifications and experiences of the successful candidate.
- Competitive base yearly salary and promotion system
- Contract Fulfillment bonus
- Extra Duty Subsidy and Leadership Position Subsidy
- Health Insurance for teachers and their dependents
- Social Insurance.
- Relocation Allowance
- Visa fees
- On campus lodging or Housing allowance
- Plane tickets
- Meals: 3 meals free for school days. Foods are organic.
- Education for dependents (5-18 years)
- Personal Development Opportunities
- Rich staff activities, clubs. Excellent on campus facilities including Gym, swimming pool, tennis court, golf yard, etc.
We Are Proud to Offer
- A passionate and highly talented team with a commitment to inspirational teaching.
- A fully supportive and effective governing body who are committed to furthering your professional development.
- A beautiful school with excellent facilities including all kinds of sports venues.
- A strongly competitive salary and benefits package.
- A strong community links between both International and Local staff.
Applications please sent to: Oriole.Huang@hd.kaiwenacademy.cn
School Address:No. 65 Xing Shi Kou Road, Haidian, Beijing, China,Postcode:100195
Sports Fields and Facilities
Inside School Activities
Outside School Activities