< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 19, 19
Oct 18, 19
UNIS Hanoi High School Deputy Principal
UNIS Hanoi alumni transform lives and society - are you a High School leader ready to change the world?
UNIS Hanoi is one of only two United Nations international schools in the world. As the first three-Programme IB School in Asia and international school in Vietnam, we are proud to be a destination school for career-educators with a passion for building a better world.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WORKING AT UNIS HANOI
High School Deputy Principal:
The Deputy Principal helps lead and manage the High School (HS) as part of the HS Leadership Team, made up of the HS Principal, HS Deputy Principal, Counsellors, MYP and DP Coordinators. The HS Deputy Principal is responsible for Grades 9 – 12.
- Contributing to the leadership and management of the High School.
- Contributing to the D-12 Leadership Teams.
- Coordinating the schedule of classes (timetable) for the High School.
- Mentoring, supervising, and evaluating High School faculty.
- Carrying out all duties and responsibilities as the Head of School and the High School Principal may reasonably direct.
- Contributing to the High School, MYP and DP action plans.
- Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of the assessment practices throughout the High School in conjunction with the Principal, Deputy Principals and MYP/DP Coordinators.
- Assisting the Principal with faculty and staff recruitment.
- Assisting the Principal and Counsellors with the induction and support of all new faculty and students.
- Assisting the Principal with the management of a range of teaching assistants and support staff within the High School, ensuring consistency, coherence, continuity and progression in given areas.
- Assisting with the coordination and running of faculty meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Assisting with parent/student admission interviews with new students as required.
- Managing the teacher substitute list and organising appropriate cover for absent colleagues.
- Organising and monitoring staff and faculty duty rosters, including supervision.
- Contributing to the production of handbooks, course guides and curriculum statements.
- Meeting with parents as required.
- Contributing to and/or leading High School assemblies.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Well versed in 21st century methodologies with an eye toward innovation and creativity.
- Advanced Degree in Education or equivalent.
- Certification in School Administration.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy collaborative environment.
- Experience in, and a thorough understanding of the IB MYP and DP.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and empower a learning community.
- Solid conceptual and applied knowledge of current research and trends in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Successful teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and strong experience in, technology integration.
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits will be competitive with similar international schools in the region and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified candidates should send the information below in a single pdf file to the High School Principal, Scott Schaffner at email@example.com, no later than Friday, October 18:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position, detailing your strengths as a candidate and how they make you a good fit for this position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages.
- A personal statement about being a leader in a student-centred, IB world, 21st century international school.
- A list of referees from at least your last three positions (which must span seven years) with current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Interviews and campus visits for shortlisted candidates and finalists will take place throughout October and early November. Should a suitable candidate be found prior to this time, the search committee reserves the right to close the process.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.