< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Aug 11, 22
Oct 15, 22
International Christian School is one of the leading international schools in Hong Kong emphasizing academic achievement and Christian spiritual development of students. ICS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Christian Schools International.
High School Principal
We are inviting seasoned educational and administrative leaders to join ICS for this challenging role. The successful candidate will lead and direct our high school of approximately 300 students and provide strategic leadership and spiritual guidance to students and faculty.
- Demonstrate Christian leadership to ensure spiritual formation takes place in the high school learning environments, including fostering strong collegiality and students’ intellectual, physical, and spiritual development.
- Lead and direct faculty and staff effectively through selection, encouragement, and support. Build a culture of continuous excellence through professional and spiritual development.
- Ensure high school faculty mentor students with a biblical worldview through appropriate, effective curriculum and pedagogy.
- Ensure school programs and activities are thoroughly planned and implemented in full compliance with child safety protocols and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the evaluation of all aspects of the high school’s performance and report the outcomes as appropriate.
- Engage parents in their children’s learning experience with open communication and collaboration.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office to accommodate new students and ensure optimal student intake.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets and ensure good stewardship in the effective utilization of God-given resources.
- Contribute to the school-wide curriculum development which aligns with the vision, mission, and values of ICS and support the attainment of the Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs).
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in education from an accredited university.
- At least 7 years of classroom teaching experience plus a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in areas of curriculum & instruction, faculty development, and learning support in secondary school.
- A clear and mature Christian faith aligned with the vision, mission, and values of ICS.
- Holder of an ACSI or state certification in educational leadership or equivalent, or eligibility to be certified as a School Principal.
- Solid knowledge and experience in the Advanced Placement Program and American curriculum are highly preferred.
- An expert verbal and written communicator.
- Highly efficient and organized, with the ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks and resolve problems in accordance with the values of the school.
- Experience in budgetary preparation and departmental fiscal management
We offer an attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations below.
Application deadline: October 15, 2022
We are committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
Click here to visit our webpage and apply online today!