< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Kyoto International School- Head of School
Kyoto International School (Japan)
Appointed - Position filled
Dec 2, 13
Mar 1, 14
KYOTO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (KIS) Japan
effective August 1, 2014
KIS is an independent not for profit school in the heart of the beautiful city of Kyoto, Japan. It is a small school offering a quality education for both expat and local families in Kyoto in need of an international education. KIS is a fully accredited school with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is an authorized IB world school offering the Primary Years Program. KIS educates students from 2 years old through to 14 years old. The mission of Kyoto International School is to remain a fun and collaborative community that inspires and challenges, enabling students to thrive and take responsibility anywhere in the world.
More information and details regarding KIS can be found at http://www.kyotointernationalschool.org/
Kyoto International School seeks a new Head of School beginning of August 2014. This is an exceptional opportunity for candidates looking for a first headship position, a lateral move, or for someone looking for the slower paced lifestyle Kyoto can offer.
Essential post criteria
- Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Strong knowledge of IB philosophy and the PYP program
- Successful experience in a leadership role
- Strong organization, time management, communication skills, and ability to work collaboratively within various cultural contexts
- Ability to think critically and adapt to new situations
- Experience in supervision and development of curriculum
- Ability to embrace, articulate and model mission and vision
- Demonstrated ability to support quality teaching and learning in a positive school climate
- Marketing and development experience
- Japanese language ability
The Head of School serves as the operational leader of KIS, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students and teaching staff is supervised in a safe and optimal learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. The school Head works collaboratively to direct and nurture all teaching and non-teaching staff and to communicate effectively with parents and other stakeholders. The position also includes the development of agreed upon school-wide strategies and associated plans in partnership with staff and Executive Board.
Salary and benefits
- Compensation will be highly competitive with packages offered by like international schools regionally and worldwide.
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Annual home leave
- Commuting and relocation allowance
- Education provision for dependent children attending the school
- Supplement medical insurance for all eligible family members
- Retirement supplements
Interested candidates should send a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should consist of a single pdf with a size limit of 5 MB. Included should be a cover letter outlining strengths and reasons for applying for this post, a current CV including contact details for three confidential references, and a one-page outline of educational philosophy.
- Closing date for applications is March 1st 2014
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. In the event that a high quality applicant is identified early in the search process, the committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the date mentioned above and bring the search to an immediate close.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.