< Back to Leadership Vacancies
EMASI Van Phuc (Vietnam)
Feb 25, 20
Mar 20, 20
EMASI GROUP OF SCHOOLS
MANAGING DIRECTOR – VAN PHUC CAMPUS
The Board of the EMASI Group of Schools is currently seeking to employ a Managing Director to oversee the day to day operations of its Van Phuc campus which is located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
EMASI Van Phuc opened in August 2019 along with its sister school, EMASI Nam Long, which is also located in Ho Chi Minh City. The school has an enrolment of 450 students across the range of Kindergarten to Grade 10 and will open a Grade 11 class in August 2020.
The EMASI concept is underpinned by the aim to provide a high quality bilingual education to Vietnamese students who are aspiring to enter local universities or study abroad. The school follows the approved curriculum of the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) supplemented by a strong English language program and specialist instruction in Art, Drama, Music, Technology and Physical Education.
The school is housed in a purpose built facility that includes a large Library, a 25 meter swimming pool, 600 seat multi-purpose auditorium, designated teaching spaces for Art, Drama and Music and a double sized gymnasium. The faculty is a mix of host country Vietnamese and expatriates and the student demographic is predominantly Vietnamese.
The Managing Director will report to the Executive Board through the Chief Education Officer and is responsible for the overall operations of the school in line with the approved Board policies and procedures.
In that regard, he /she will work with the International Program Director and Principals to:
- Ensure that the academic programs are of a high quality, rigorous and evaluated on an ongoing basis,
- Oversee the work within each service area – Purchasing, IT, Facilities - to ensure that these operations are coordinated and fully meet the expectations of the Board;
- Recruit and retain highly quality teachers across all subject areas across the program;
- Ensure that there are common understandings about the school’s mission and core values and actively promote these across the range of each EMASI school;
- Develop an organizational climate that is based on a high level of trust, common understandings and a shared commitment to student welfare and wellbeing;
- Develop and enhance a whole school ethos between and across programs and across the range of the school;
- Appraise the work of the Senior Leadership team and persons holding positions of responsibility within the school; and
- Work with the campus Principals to facilitate the organization and smooth running of the school’s Extra Curricular Activity Program, inter- EMASI school competitions, the annual calendar and associated events and activities.
Qualifications, Experience and Desired Attributes
The EMASI Board is looking for a dynamic school leader who has the following job-specific skills and dispositions:
- An advanced degree in education or educational leadership;
- A minimum 5 years of successful international school leadership experience at a Principal’s level or higher and preferably in a bi-lingual environment and KG through Grade 12 environment;
- Demonstrated experience with Advanced Placement Programs and the US Common Core;
- A strong background in both the educational and operational leadership of a school combined with a sound business acumen;
- The proven ability to lead a highly diverse team of faculty, staff and managers;
- A high-level of integrity combined with the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff in a cross cultural environment;
- An effective communicator, team player who can unite a diverse faculty and staff around the school’s mission and core values;
- Demonstrated experience in the school improvement process preferably with a US based agency; and
- The willingness to commit to a minimum three year contract.
Salary and Benefits
An attractive salary and benefits package will be on offer including:
- A competitive housing allowance.
- Enrolment in the school’s expatriate medical scheme.
- School Provided Transportation.
- Return Premium Economy Airfares to the designated Point of Hire.
- Settling In Allowance.
All interested and qualified candidates should send the following information in a single PDF document by email to Ms. Lai, the HR Senior Group Manager at email@example.com.
- A maximum two page letter of application which outlines experience, qualifications and alignment to the desired attributes.
- A one page curriculum vitae and brief statement of educational philosophy.
- The names and contact details of three professional referees.
The deadline for applications will be Friday 20 March with the school reserving the right to appoint before this deadline if a suitable applicant is found.
Further information on the EMASI Schools can be found on our website http://www.emasi.edu.vn/en/
Please note this school is not a registered member of Search Associates.