< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Mar 13, 19
May 10, 19
Singapore International School, Mumbai
Head / Coordinator-of- Middle School
For academic year starting July 2019
The Singapore International school (SIS) has been established in 2007 is located in Mumbai-the financial capital of India. Singapore International School is a signature boarding school, which is set up for 500 students on an 8 acre lush green campus with child friendly infrastructure and architecture. It is among first 8 schools in Mumbai to offer IB and follows a unique blended international curriculum to give an incomparable educational experience. The vision of the school management was to offer a boarding life experience to children in the metropolitan city of Mumbai, where students can be with their parents on weekends.
University representative visits to SIS continue to grow on a yearly basis with approximately 160 visits in the last academic year. Most recently SIS hosted a visit by group of Ivy League Universities namely Columbia University, Princeton University, Cornell University, University of Pennsylvania. In terms of university placements, SIS students continue to secure admissions in global universities. Joining the league of excellence, IB Diploma students have successfully topped the world with four students have securing the perfect score of 45 during the last two academic session.
Singapore International School offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) for Grade 11 & 12. In the Middle school ie from Grade 7 to Grade 10 has CIE IGCSE curriculum. In Primary School ie Grade K-6 we offer IB-PYP blended with the Singapore curriculum. Students studying are predominantly Indian and most have English as their first language.
The day-to-day activities are managed by the School Principal. For administrative purpose the school is divided in three Division Namely Primary Division (Grade K-6), Middle Division (Grade 7 to 10) and Upper Division (Grade 11 & 12). Each Division is headed by a Divisional Head / Coordinator.
The school’s facilities include well-furnished naturally illuminated air-conditioned classrooms; well-equipped laboratories; physical and digital library; Visual Art, Music and Dance Studio and lush green football ground, Rubber basketball court, wooden Badminton court, Lawn Tennis courts and Swimming pool. The school aims to have a holistic development of the students of the school. Our School website is www.sisindia.net.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day
To become a vibrant, outstanding institution of learning, recognized globally as one of the finest.
Our Middle School Program
Our School Middle school are from Grade 7 to Grade 10. The school believes the IGCSE program in Middle school to be the perfect bridge between the IB-PYP in primary school and the IB Diploma Program. The curriculum gives students an opportunity to implement skills acquired in earlier years and to develop the traits and attitudes needed to succeed in the IB Diploma Program. Grades 7 & 8 are based on the CIE Checkpoint curriculum.
Some of the key subjects offered include English, Hindi, Economics, History, Spanish, French, Geography, Business Management, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Integrated Science, Visual Arts, Music and Mathematics, Global perspectives.
Our Teaching Faculty
Singapore International School provides extensive opportunities for professional development to staff. We do have a regular in-house professional Development session for all the teaching staff on every Friday afternoon. Singapore international school faculty consists of caring, creative, enthusiastic, open-minded and motivated individuals who aim to facilitate the process of learning through exploration and encouragement. Most teachers have teaching degree and are post graduates in their specialized area. Most of the teachers teaching in middle school also teach in IBDP program.
Our School at Mumbai
Mumbai is considered the financial, commercial and entertainment capital of India, our school is located on the northern suburbs of the City. Our School share a boundary wall with Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Various tourist attraction like the Kanheri caves, The Pagodas are nearby. International Airport is just 30 minutes drive from our school.
Mumbai being one of the largest cities in the country, offers a blend of traditional and international festivals, food, music and theatre. The city’s history as a major trading center and as a city of migrants has led to a wide range of cultures, religions and cuisines coexisting together. This unique blend of diverse cultures and ideas has promoted an international, secular and welcoming atmosphere within the city. As a transportation hub, Mumbai offers easy access for explorations around India itself as well as all important cities of the world.
HEAD / COORDINATOR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL
The Head / Coordinator of Middle School position at the Singapore International School reports to the Principal for the development, implementation, overseeing of curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment, and management of the middle school programme. The selected candidate shall report to the Principal of the school.
Scope of Work
- To be a part of the school pedagogical leadership team which oversees planning, resource allocation, teaching and learning process, assessment, calendar issues and school policy matters.
- Overall coordination of academic & administrative matters pertaining to the Grade 7-10 section of the school.
- Ensure proper discipline in maintained in your division and Handle all disciplinary matters
- Monitoring the scheme of work /unit plans /record of work in collaboration with the HOD
- Drafting of various budgets relevant to the section, as per the broad frame work of the school policy.
- To coordinate teacher participation at IGCSE workshops and professional development activities along with the MD coordinator.
- To oversee with the examination coordinator, the conduct of the examinations, including mock examinations, orals, arrangements for visiting examiners, prompt mailing of examination papers and to ensure that students obtain their results.
- To coordinate trips and exchanges for teachers and students and matters relating to accommodating transfer students.
- Schedule collaborative meeting sessions for departments.
- To prepare and ensure the timelines for submission of work in collaboration with Middle Division Coordinator
- Maintaining contacts with various stakeholders with a view to promote the recognition of the IGCSE.
- Along with the MD coordinator/HOD and the MD team ensure that the MD Action Plan is implemented.
- Ensure that the Academic Honesty, Absence, IT, Safety policies of the school and Health related procedures are followed.
- Ensure effective communication to the parents and students.
- Ensure the effective implementation for the school processes for monitoring such as Daily Report, Weekly Report, Detention, Staffing, Study Hall and Attendance. Further communicate the same to the principal, teachers, parents and students.
- Ensure effective organization of PTM and communicate the feedback to the Principal, HOD and teachers.
- Effective organization of the School Programme and Events where MD students are involved.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or School Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degrees in education and leadership
- Significant international curriculum experience (IGCSE essential with exposure to IBDP)
- Outstanding experience as a leader of teaching and learning
- Leadership experience in Middle Management of a school, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Asian international schools or similar settings is preferred.
- Knowledge of integrated information technology and IT systems
- Capacity to work collaboratively with a school leadership team
- Organized administrator able to delegate, drive accountability and take decision
- Works collaborative with peers and superiors and school Management
- Exceptional learning expectations for students, faculty, and self
- High level of intercultural competency, and in the Indian context
- Visible, actively engaged in the life of the school
- Collaborative team player and team leader
- Flexible and open-minded, sense of humor
- Principled and caring, of highest integrity
- Effective communicator in writing and speaking
- Visionary and innovative
- Perseverance and stamina
- Careful and reflective listener
- Committed to child protection and safety
The deadline for applications is May 10, 2019.
Candidates should note that, in the event a right applicant is identified early in the search process, Singapore International School reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline mentioned above and to bring the search to a close.
Candidates should email the information requested below as a single document in PDF format to Manager-HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read Head / coordinator of Middle School and the applicant’s name. The application should include:
- Cover letter of application
- Résumé, not to exceed two-pages
- Educational philosophy detailing beliefs in reference to learning and leading
- A list of references (at least three) - the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.