< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Mar 4, 19
Mar 22, 19
Canggu Community School – Primary Principal Recruitment
We are seeking an experienced Primary Principal for August 2019. Candidates must have a Masters degree in Education and at least five years’ experience in leadership. Due to Indonesian regulations we will not be able to consider applicants over the age of 55.
The Primary Principal reports to the Head of School.
The ideal candidate will
- At all times be an exemplary ambassador for CCS, encouraging and advancing the CCS commitment to being a positive influence on its local and global community.
- Build positive, productive relationships in order to gain the confidence of students, staff, parents, and the school community.
- Embrace the school Strategic Plan and provide visionary and strategic leadership to support its achievement.
- Act as a learning leader with a commitment to-inquiry based learning.
- Embrace a systemic approach to decision making, understanding CCS’s strengths while positively facilitating changes for growth and improvement.
- At all times be an advocate for each student achieving his/her full potential while valuing and supporting holistic student growth.
- Support and motivate CCS’s collaborative leadership teams.
- Motivate, inspire, and support the development and learning of the full educational team.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in an effective, positive, and timely manner.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal professional growth and development.
- Provide input into the budget process.
Canggu Community School is a non-profit co-educational school enrolling students from Preschool to Year 13. The curriculum in the Primary School is inquiry-based and builds off the English National Curriculum and the Indonesian National Curriculum. The content visited incorporates our unique contexts in Bali, Indonesia as well as a focus on global contexts and international mindedness. Students learn within the context of a Unit of Inquiry model. The school is fully accredited by CIS and WASC and is authorised to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
There are currently around 460 students enrolled at the school, with about 230 in the Primary School with includes an Early Years programme. Students at CCS come from around 40 nationalities. CCS employees 42 expatriate teachers (primarily a blend of Australian, UK, America, Canada and NZ) and over 50 Indonesian teachers and highly-qualified teacher assistants.
The mission of CCS is to have all students develop as confident, socially engaged and globally responsible citizens who achieve their full potential as life long learners. We measure the success of our missions through the following School Wide Learner Expectations:
1. Life long learner
a. Understand themselves as learners; set goals, take risks, be reflective
b. Achieve intellectual, emotional and physical balance
c. Skilled inquirers and researchers
d. Skilled in critical thinking
e. Skilled in creative thinking
2. Effective Communicators
a. Understand and express themselves in more than one language
b. Effective collaborators
3. Social Responsibility
a. Engaged citizens who care about themselves, their world and the environment
b. Are respectful, responsible, honest and act with integrity
c. Open minded to other cultures, values and traditions
d. Develop a local and global perspective on a range of issues
4. Academic Excellence in a broad range of disciplines
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits will be competitive and will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Full details will be forwarded to shortlisted candidates.
Please send an up to date CV, letter of application of no more than two pages, and contact details for at least three referees to the current Acting Head of School, Keegan Combs, at email@example.com. Please title the email subject as “Principal Applicant – name.”
Deadline for applications: 22 March 2019
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.