< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jan 4, 21
Jan 26, 21
Bonn International School, Germany
BIS is looking for a Primary School Principal for August 2021
An international, not-for-profit, co-educational day school with over 700 students, aged 3-19 years, BIS is a flourishing and diverse IB World School catering to students from 78 different nationalities.
BIS is a vibrant learning community accredited by CIS, NEASC and authorised to offer the IB PYP, MYP and DP.
Faculty and staff at BIS are a healthy mix of experienced colleagues and those newer to teaching. We have many staff who permanently reside in Bonn and many others who are expatriates to Germany. We value forward-thinking, creative educators, who empower students to achieve in all areas of school life. Many of our faculty lead an extracurricular activity as a complimentary path to develop meaningful dialogue with students and create other arenas for student development and achievement.
BIS benefits greatly from the quality of life and international flair of Bonn, our affordable host city in the heart of Europe. Bonn is a university town, base for the United Nations in Germany, birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven and home to some of the country's best museums. Our campus is located in a green, residential neighborhood on the banks of the Rhine River and next to the city's largest park. Our three school buildings are light-filled, well-equipped, and purpose-built, with beautiful spaces to teach, be quiet, and work collaboratively.
The Primary School, which includes the Early Learning section, currently has around 300 students from age 3 to 12 years.
The Primary School Principal is responsible for leading the Primary School in its strategic development and daily operations in alignment with the BIS vision, mission and values.
Core Beliefs: We believe that:
- Every person has intrinsic worth and unique potential.
- Integrity and mutual respect are essential for building trust in any relationship.
- Inspiration, enthusiasm and perseverance are necessary for achieving one’s best.
- Learning is a partnership amongst families, students, educators and society.
- Diversity opens minds, widens horizons and enriches lives.
- Life-long learning is essential for individuals to thrive in a changing world.
- Leadership, teamwork, cooperation and respect are essential for any organization to excel.
- People are responsible for, and learn from, their choices and actions.
- We all have a responsibility to support and contribute to the wellbeing of others.
- The courage to embrace change provides opportunities to improve.
For further information about BIS, please visit our website: www.bonn-is.de
The Primary School Principal is directly responsible to the Director.
We are looking for a Primary School Principal who is:
- Passionate about working with students and fully committed to the academic and personal betterment of each child at BIS.
- Aligned to the mission and values of our school
- An excellent communicator
- Intercultural understanding and heart-felt respect for different perspectives, different belief systems and different abilities to learn.
- Experienced in and knowledgeable of the PYP
- Solutions orientated
- Well organised
- Technologically adept
- Able to show a proven track record in international educational leadership.
- Ensuring high quality teaching and learning in the Primary School.
- Leading and managing the Primary faculty and staff, including their professional growth and development.
- Together with the Director, recruiting excellent teachers.
- Working as an integral member of the whole school leadership team on whole school strategic planning and change management.
- Managing the schedule and allocation of teaching hours within the Primary School.
- Managing curricular development and enrichment.
- Communicating effectively on students’ progress, behaviour, as well as school expectations and values to parents and guardians.
- Overseeing Primary admissions.
- Ensuring the Primary students are given a voice in the school.
- Managing the Primary School budget.
- Participating in the Child Protection team.
- Maintaining and reinforcing a climate of care and respect within the Primary School.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Relocation benefits (transport and shipment)
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefit
- Tuition for dependent children (which is taxed according to German law)
Interested candidates should send the following application documents in a single Pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 January 2021.
- Cover letter (1 page)
- CV (max 2 pages)
- Philosophy of Educational Leadership (max 1 page)
- A link to a 2- to 3-minute video introduction (no more!) that shares your interest in the position and explains what you feel you can contribute to BIS. Please upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, your Google Drive, or another external hosting site, set permissions appropriately, and share the link in your letter of application.
- Contact details of three references. One should be your current Head of School.
BIS reserves the right to conclude the search prior to the announced deadline.