< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Oct 29, 20
Nov 29, 20
ÉCOLE MONDIALE WORLD SCHOOL
seeks to appoint a new Principal (Head of School)
to commence July 2021
École Mondiale is a unique continuum IB World school in India, delivering three International Baccalaureate (lB) Programmes - the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). It is a coeducational school catering to the needs of the citizens of Mumbai, the diplomatic and consular corps, multinational companies and the expatriate community living in Mumbai. The programme, from Nursery to Grade 12, is delivered in English.
École Mondiale is located in the prominent “Bollywood” suburb of Juhu, 30-35 minutes from the city centre and close to wide sandy beaches and shopping malls. The school utilizes leadership and management applications widely used in other international schools and recognized by International Educational Associations.
To inspire our community to explore, engage and excel.
We provide a holistic education that encourages all to excel, develop as lifelong learners and contribute to the school, local and global communities.
- enhance national and global awareness in our students
- provide an internationally recognized curriculum
- promote lifelong learning that leads to positive and productive future citizenship
- facilitate an engaging programme that assists students acquire skills, knowledge and understanding
- emphasize a balance in the lives of our students
- enhance cultural awareness in all its forms
- promote fulfillment of creative talents and interests
- achieve a strong sense of self worth
- inculcate the importance of health and fitness
- achieve commitment to service for and to others
- nurture a sense of mutual understanding and appreciation while pursuing personal goals
As a three programme IB continuum school inquiry-based learning and learning conceptually are central to the learning journey of all students. All the IB programmes emphasize throughout an understanding of both global and local contexts and focus on team work and collaboration. Student agency means that student involvement as partners in their learning leaders to the role of a teacher becoming a facilitator for learning. They are encouraged to use their own initiative and to develop into independent learners with a strong desire to think critically. In order to achieve the mission students are involved in service learning throughout their journey in the school.
The school senior leadership team (LT) consists of the Principal, Head of Secondary and Head of Primary. The school is well served with a team of approximately 90 teaching staff including highly qualified expatriate and local Heads of Departments, IB Curriculum coordinators and teachers; each selected after an extensive search process to ensure the best fit for the programmes offered. In order to provide the best learning environment for our international student body of approximately 400 students, the teacher student ratios are kept low.
Students enjoy outstanding facilities that provide not only support to the educational offering, but opportunities for development in the sports, and the various arts. As well, the spirit of and commitment to service plays a key component to the all-around development and growth of our students in terms of local and global awareness.
École Mondiale is purpose built and offers a wide choice of activities in and out of the school, with excellent facilities to support the learning process - these include an auditorium, two multipurpose halls for sports, a swimming pool, a splash pool for the Early Years, a well equipped gymnasium, 5 state-of-the-art science laboratories, 2 libraries, an audiovisual room, 3 music rooms, 3 computer centers, 2 drama & dance studios, 3 art and design studios, design technology studios, medical room, 2 canteens and children's play areas. The entire school is built to provide a comfortable learning experience in a temperature-controlled environment. In addition, all primary classrooms are equipped to support an inquiry based programme. Throughout the secondary years, a student brings their own device (BYOD) programme runs, while at the primary level learning is supported by ipads and laptops and access to the computer labs.
École Mondiale is accredited by CIS (Council of International Schools), and a member of ECIS (European Councils of International Schools); TAISI (The Association of International Schools of India) and is an Associate Member of NESA. (Near East South Asia) Council of Overseas Schools.
- The Principal of École Mondiale World School will have previous experience in successful senior leadership, as Principal (Head of School) of a proprietary school or equivalent, in an international school environment;
- Experience and knowledge of a minimum of preferably two International Baccalaureate programmes is important;
- Experience with accreditation/authorization processes, e.g. CIS accreditation and IB re-authorization.
- A post graduate qualification (Masters) with an emphasis on leadership is preferred.
Preferred Skills/Personal characteristics:
- A good communicator (honest, people orientated and a good listener)
- Demonstrates and models the attributes of the IB Learner Profile
- Be student centred in approach
- Capacity to lead and guide the strategic direction of the school
- Capacity to lead, motivate and support staff towards developing ongoing improvement
- Strong technology skills
- Experience dealing with challenging situations
- Sound financial/business experience/skills
- Collaborative style with colleagues and Board members
- Community spirit-minded
- Able to engender confidence within the school and wider community
- An excellent networker
- Capacity to recruit first rate teachers
- Positive yet realistic
Salary and Benefits
École Mondiale is seeking a candidate who believes in long term tenure at one place. The remuneration package is competitive and will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include furnished housing, utility allowance, a school car with driver, comprehensive medical insurance, life and disability allowance, annual home leave, airfares at the beginning and end of contract, settling in allowance, shipping in and out allowance and professional development opportunities. Up to two school-aged children receive free tuition. Airfares and insurance coverage applies to the Principal’s spouse and up to two dependent children.
The Board at Ecole Mondiale World School has appointed Search Associates as its partner in its search for the Principal with Dr. Norma Hudson and Dr. Brent Mutsch serving as the lead consultants. The deadline for applications for the position is November 29, 2020. Candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and the requested materials listed below as early as possible as the Board reserves the right to close the selection process at any time should the right candidate be identified.
Candidates should submit the following information in the format requested:
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in becoming the next Principal of Ecole Mondiale World School.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages
- A statement of educational beliefs and leadership style not to exceed one page..
- A list of referees who have served as immediate supervisors including current email addresses and phone numbers
- A maximum of three letters of reference (scanned at low resolution) that may already be in your possession.
Please note that all materials must be scanned into a single pdf attachment of 5MB or less and sent to Search Associates at the email addresses listed below. Please send the complete application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The review of applications will begin as soon as applications are received. Qualified candidates will be interviewed and potentially forwarded to Ecole Mondiale World School for further review. Finalist candidates will be identified and engaged in a virtual visit to the campus. The new Principal will be selected at the end of the virtual visit, finalist interviews, and reference checks and will assume his/her professional responsibilities in July 2021.
Candidates are encouraged to refer to the school www.ecolemondiale.org for further information. It is important to note that the École Mondiale Search committee reserves the right to appoint a candidate prior to the application deadline. Candidates are therefore, encouraged to apply as soon as possible.