< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Julian Taylor
Jan 20, 15
Chadwick International School
is seeking a
Principal for The Village School
Chadwick International is a PreK-12 international school fully equipped with an exceptional 500,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facility that has been built in the Songdo International Business District in Incheon, South Korea.
Chadwick International’s superior educational facilities include an aquatic center with scuba diving capabilities, a gymnasium that has a seat capacity of 1,500, a 700-seat performing arts indoor theatre where students can learn to operate stage design, lighting, and sound and a television studio that allows production up to eight channels. In addition, Cisco Tele-Presence rooms with instantaneous and high resolution communication tools, connect Chadwick International to other schools across the world for joint classes and collaborative projects. These facilities permit the students to cultivate their intellectual, artistic and physical abilities based on Chadwick International’s experience-based curriculum. Moreover Chadwick International emphasizes inquiry-based learning both in and outside the classroom, and it helps students discover the joy of learning.
Chadwick International achieves its educational mission through highly experienced and dedicated faculty members from around the world. With the support of the faculty, Chadwick International is capable of a small teacher to student ratio of 1:8. The curriculum at Chadwick International is designed to meet the educational standards of the International Baccalaureate (IB) as well as the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Chadwick’s unique Outdoor Education allows the students to develop conflict-resolution abilities and leadership skills through various outdoor experiences. Meanwhile, Service Learning is not a standard community service, but teaches students how to interact with the community and problem solve on a deeper level. These co-curricular programs assist students in transferring these valuable lessons learned to the classroom as well as home life and prepare them to be contributing members of the society and leaders of tomorrow.
Chadwick*, a K-12 school founded in 1935, is dedicated to the development of academic excellence, exemplary character, and self-discovery through experience. We live in accordance with our core values of respect, responsibility, honesty, fairness, and compassion.
Through active participation in a diverse school community, students prepare to contribute meaningfully to their local, national, and global communities. Talented and caring faculty and staff cultivate in each student the joy of learning, self-confidence, well-being, and the individual gifts that each possesses. By living and learning in an atmosphere of integrity and trust, students come to expect the best of themselves and others.
* The Roessler-Chadwick Foundation operates two campuses. One, located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in California, was founded in 1935 and offers a K-12 education. The other, located in Songdo, South Korea and opened in 2010, offers a Pre-K-12 education.
The Village School Principal is responsible for leading the Village School towards the achievement of the school’s mission.
- Works with the Head of School and other school administrators to identify areas of concern and assist with the development of plans for school improvement
- Monitors the progress of Village School toward school goals
- Provides efficient and effective administration in the daily operation of the Village School
- Takes necessary steps to ensure the safety and welfare of students and employees in the Village School and at school sponsored events
- Works with other professionals to create a shared sense of meaning, purpose and direction in the Village School
- Provides instructional guidance and support based on best professional practices
- Creates high performance expectations for staff and students of the Village School
- Assesses school performance using multiple indicators
- Monitors curriculum development, articulation and assessment and staff development
- Assists with the continuous review and revision of curriculum maps
- Contributes to the development of orientation and support programs for new and returning teachers
- Assists with the development and implementation of school programs, policies and procedures
Curriculum, Planning and Preparation
- Supervises the coordination, planning and assessment of Village School curriculum activities and oversees the implementation of approved school programs, policies and procedures
- Supervises the development and implementation of assessment practices
- Demonstrates instructional leadership within the school
- Works with the professional staff of the school to identify areas of concern and develop plans for school improvement
- Assesses and evaluates the instructional practices of instructional staff
- Oversees the process of pupil placement
- Ensures report cards are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Communicates all aspects of the school’s operations in a timely and effective manner to all stakeholders
- Communicates with the Head of School regarding important issues related to the school
- Works collaboratively with other school administrators and teaching professionals in decision making processes that affect the school
- Chairs Grade Level meetings on a weekly basis and submits copies of the minutes to the Head of School
- Serves as a member of the school’s Administrative Council and other committees established by the school
- Advises the Head of School all issues related to staffing
- Contributes to orientation and support programs for new teachers
- Oversees the school’s budget allocations
- Overseas the preparation of the Annual Order and the Annual Operating budget
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of teaching staff
- Oversees the creation of the timetable and placement of staff and students
- Oversees assignment of substitute teachers
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Head of School
- Possesses a minimum of five years teaching and at least three years of administrative experience in comparably high performing elementary school contexts
- Possesses a teacher certificate and administrative qualifications
- Possesses an advanced degree in education
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates highly effective educational leadership abilities
- Demonstrates personal integrity and professional ethics
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Chadwick International offers an initial contract term of two years (renewable). The salary for the Village School Assistant Principal is commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and competitive within Asia. The School pays the salary in net. Other benefits for the position include worldwide coverage of medical insurance for the employee and his/her dependents and AD&D insurance for the employee. In addition, the school offers 13% of the salary as an annuity, the end of service reserve, professional development allowance, flights home annually, relocation & settlement allowance, meal allowance, comfortable furnished housing subject to family size, allowance for utilities, personal leave of 5 days and maternity leave of 12 weeks..
If you are interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Also take a look at our website www.chadwickinternational.org for more information about the school.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.