< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Joe Lumsden
Dec 4, 14
Dec 21, 14
Secondary Principal Position
The Istanbul International Community School is seeking a forward-thinking and exceptional Secondary Principal to lead the secondary division of the school in the next phase of its development. The additional opportunity of moving the school to a new purpose–built campus is a strong possibility.
Istanbul International Community School is a highly respected school in the region, known for its innovative approach and strong community ethos. It offers all three IB programmes, which have been developed and adapted to meet the needs of the learners. The students come from over 45 countries, ages ranging from 3-18. Enrolment currently stands at 650 of which 300 are secondary students. We anticipate continued growth over the next years to approximately 900 students.
The community is highly committed to building strong relationships both within and outside of the school. Service is valued as a significant way that students can develop themselves as active citizens and student voice and leadership is a developing focus. We believe in the power of collaboration as the most effective way to achieve successful outcomes for students and for teachers. We seek to instill a sense of collective responsibility for the overall growth of IICS as an exceptional school and forward thinking learning environment.
Through its challenging curriculum and strong staff-student relationships, IICS provides a caring environment that inspires each student to excel and to be inquisitive, creative, compassionate, balanced and internationally-minded.
The Secondary Principal is a member of the school leadership team and is expected to play a key role in the development and leadership of the school as a whole.
The Secondary Principal is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the secondary school and the learning of all secondary school students. The scope of responsibilities covers institutional culture; pastoral care of students; effectiveness of teaching and learning; academic standards of teaching and learning; team management; health and safety; budget oversight and coordination with the Primary school.
A detailed Job Description is available for interested applicants.
QUALITIES DESIRED IN THE NEXT SECONDARY PRINCIPAL
- A strong background in IB curriculum and instructional leadership
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the college application process and preparation of students for life after secondary education
- Knowledge or interest in the provision of alternative pathways to graduation
- Experience working in international schools, managing diverse communities and high performing academic institutions
- A team–builder with proven skills in strengthening and maintaining a strong community of students, faculty, parents, and other stakeholders
- Capacity to develop and implement focused, action-oriented strategic growth plans that positively impact school performance
- Confident user of technology both for communication and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Positive, open-minded, and forward-thinking
- Enthusiasm, boundless energy, and a sense of humor
Applicants should submit their CV and a letter of application to Ms Figen Engin Underdown, (email@example.com) PA to the Head of School, Jane Thompson.
Deadline for applications Dec 21
- Long-listed candidates will be selected for a Skype interview which will take place between Dec 10–Jan 8
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in January in Bangkok, London, or Istanbul
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.