< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Senior Associates - USA Territories
Search Associates (USA)
Aug 27, 19
Dec 15, 19
Search Associates seeks to appoint Senior Associates for two of its territories in the USA
Start date: June 2020
Search Associates, established in 1990, is widely recognized as the leading recruitment consultancy in the field of international education at primary and secondary levels. The group is currently instrumental in well over 3000 appointments every year of teachers and school leaders, who move into jobs in our large and steadily growing network of international schools worldwide. It is a global partnership of experienced and dedicated Senior Associates, each managing and operating a territory within the structure of the larger organization.
Please see www.searchassociates.com for a much fuller picture.
We currently have two openings for the position of Senior Associate to manage the company’s recruitment efforts in the following US territories
- Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Hawaii, Alaska. The Senior Associate selected for this territory is required to be based in the state of Texas.
- Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky. The Senior Associate selected for this territory is required to be based in either the state(s) of Illinois or Michigan.
Applicants for these positions must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (Green Card holders).
The appointment will be for an initial period of 5 years, renewable subject to mutual agreement.
General responsibilities of a Senior Associate
- Seeking out and identifying enthusiastic and talented educators in their territory who have an interest in working overseas and educating them on the benefits of international teaching.
- Connecting them with the steadily growing number of outstanding international schools in membership through the use of Search Associates’ proprietary data base and network of global job fairs.
- Effective and vigorous marketing within the territory to attract new candidates. This will include an active presence at all relevant teacher conferences within their territory, outreach to potential candidates at teacher training colleges and holding marketing events/webinars within their territory.
- Screening and registering applicants, and advising them on all aspects of their international job search.
- Identifying any potential new member schools within these states that meet Search Associates membership criteria and doing appropriate marketing to such schools.
- Working effectively with their US Senior Associate colleagues on common strategies to harness the full potential of the US education market.
- Working effectively with the global team of Senior Associates, Senior Consultants and other members of the organization in furthering the mission of Search Associates “to partner with quality international schools and exceptional educators to serve learning worldwide”.
- 3 to 5 years of US teaching experience as a teacher and/or administrator.
- At least 5 years of overseas international school knowledge and experience.
- Experience in a formal leadership position such as divisional principal, head of teaching and learning, head of school etc. will be strongly preferred.
- A positive entrepreneurial spirit to grow the business within the territory.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build rapport with candidates, flexibility of approach, good listening skills and the patience to counsel candidates through a difficult decision process.
- The skills needed for managing all operational aspects of running a complex role such as this one.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong skills in the operational use of technology.
The earnings potential will be attractive and structured to include both fixed and incentive based components.
These positions will be in the nature of an independent contractor (1099 in US tax terms) to Search Associates with the appointees being responsible for their own health insurance and other mandatory payments as required by applicable US law
How to apply
If you are interested in exploring these opportunities further, please send Melinda Williams (email@example.com) the following documents, collated into one single pdf file:
- A letter briefly explaining your motivation for joining the Search Associates team and what you can offer.
- A personal statement about your career achievements and future career aspirations.
- Your current CV (no more than 2 pages)
- A list of three referees (senior people well acquainted with you both professionally and personally), with their current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
The final application deadline is December 15, 2019. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, Search Associates reserves the right to close these appointments before the published deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.