< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 19, 19
Oct 18, 19
UNIS Hanoi Upper Elementary School Deputy Principal
UNIS Hanoi graduates and alumni transform lives and society - Are you an Elementary School leader ready to change the world?
UNIS Hanoi is one of only two United Nations international schools in the world. As the first three-Programme IB School in Asia and international school in Vietnam, we are proud to be a destination school for career-educators with a passion for building a better world.
The Elementary School at UNIS Hanoi is home to 565 students ranging from Discovery (age 3) to Grade 5, with a 90-strong faculty and staff team including Teaching Assistants.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WORKING AT UNIS HANOI
Upper Elementary School Deputy Principal:
The Deputy Principal helps lead and manage the Elementary School as part of the Elementary School Leadership Team (ESLT) comprising Principal, two Deputy Principals and a PYP Coordinator. The Deputy Principal is specifically responsible for the academic, pastoral and behavioural support of students in Grades 2 – 5.
- Contributing to the leadership and management of the whole Elementary School, with a specific pastoral and supervisory responsibility for the staff and students of G2 – G5.
- Contributing to the D-12 Strategy Team and Learning Leadership Team.
Administrative leadership and management:
- Contributing to the Elementary School PYP action planning within the ESLT.
- Contributing to the ESLT’s role in monitoring and evaluating Learning and Teaching in the Elementary School in alignment with the school’s “Responsibility for Learning” guidelines.
- Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of the assessment practices throughout the Elementary School in conjunction with the Principal, Deputy Principal and PYP Coordinator.
- Assisting the Principal with faculty and staff recruitment.
- Assisting the Principal and Counsellors with the induction and support of all new faculty and students.
- Assisting the Principal with the line management of a range of curriculum and support staff within the Elementary School, ensuring consistency, coherence, continuity and progression in the given areas.
- Assisting with the coordination and running of faculty meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Co-managing the teaching assistants, including the organization of their training and development in line with the PYP action plan and individual needs in conjunction with the Deputy Principal (Lower Elementary).
- Assisting with the parent/student admission interview with new students in G2-5 as required.
- Managing the teacher substitute list and organizing appropriate cover for absent colleagues.
- Organizing and monitoring staff and faculty duty arrangements.
- Timetabling and room allocation.
- Contributing to the production of the course guides and curriculum statements in liaison with other faculty members.
- Meeting with parents as required.
- Leading and organizing some ECC and Elementary School assemblies, contributing to the PSEL programme.
- Contributing to items in the School’s electronic newsletter, Tin Tuc, and on the website.
- Assisting in the compilation of the calendar and diary events for the Elementary School.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out all duties and responsibilities as the Head of School and the Principal may reasonably direct.
- Advanced Degree in Education or equivalent.
- Certification in School Administration.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of the IB Primary Years Programme.
- Well versed in 21st century methodologies with an eye toward innovation and creativity.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and empower a learning community.
- Solid conceptual and applied knowledge of current research and trends in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Successful teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong experience in technology and its integration with the School programme.
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits will be competitive with similar international schools in the region and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified candidates should send the information below in a single pdf file to the Elementary School Principal, Megan Brazil at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, October 18:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and strengths as a candidate that are a good fit for this position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages.
- A personal statement about being a leader in a student-centred, IB world, 21st century international school.
- A list of referees from at least your last three positions (which must span seven years) with current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Interviews and campus visits for shortlisted candidates and finalists will take place throughout October and early November. Should a suitable candidate be found prior to this time, the search committee reserves the right to close the process.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.