< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jul 8, 20
Aug 28, 20
HEAD OF SCHOOL
Renaissance International School Saigon (Renaissance) is a CIS accredited Early Years 1 to Year 13 international school located in District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Established in 2007, the school is authorised by the International Baccalaureate to offer the IB Diploma and by Cambridge for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education in Years 10 and 11. The academic programme across Early Years 1 through Year 9 is based on the British National Curriculum and enhanced by the International Primary Curriculum in the Primary.
The school is a member of the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA), the East Asian Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS) and is the only Round Square member in Vietnam.
With a student population of over 500 students and a faculty of close to 100, the school size is such that collaboration and teamwork combined with a strong sense of family are the norm as is a fundamental commitment to the school’s Core Values.
The school is seeking a leader who:
- Possesses a strong academic vision as well as the proven ability to implement it.
- Accepts the challenge of taking the school to the next level through a strategic, inclusive and team based approach to leadership but is also not afraid of taking hard decisions where necessary.
- Is able to lead on a range of operational matters with demonstrated experience in HR, Marketing, Facility development and Finance.
- Possesses a sound business acumen.
- Can demonstrate a strong background in curriculum to ensure the delivery of a programme that is holistic in nature, aligned to the school’s mission and addresses the needs of all students.
- Is a strong communicator – both written and verbal – and able to inspire and motivate all school constituents around a compelling vision.
- Is adept in the use of technology as a tool to support student learning
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent academic qualifications. Masters preferred.
- Experience with the IB Diploma and familiarity with the IGCSE and English National Curriculum.
- A minimum of five years previous experience as a Head of School or Divisional Head in an accredited international school – CIS preferred.
- A strong commitment to school improvement and experience in managing and leading change.
- The ability to think strategically and the willingness to take a hands-on approach where
necessary including teaching if required.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, with a strong sense of purpose,
energy and commitment.
- The ability to make decisions and to ensure that there is a high level of professional
accountability within and across the organisation.
A competitive salary and benefits package including - accommodation, global health insurance, settling in allowance, annual return flights, school provided car and driver - will be available to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should send a formal letter of application which addresses the skills, attributes and personal qualities listed above and include a one page curriculum vitae, a short statement of educational philosophy and the names, addresses and contact details of four professional referees to Ms. Lai Truong, Senior Group – HR & Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications will be 8.00am (Viet Nam time) on August 28th 2020. Early application is encouraged as Renaissance reserves the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Renaissance is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures and police checks.
For additional on the school please visit our website: http://www.renaissance.edu.vn.