< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 8, 20
Sep 30, 20
The American International School of Muscat (TAISM) – Muscat, Oman
High School Principal - beginning August 2021
Application deadline is September 30, 2020, however applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as interviews will commence upon selection of qualified candidates. TAISM reserves the right to appoint a successful candidate at any time.
With a strong sense of community and a familial atmosphere, The American International School of Muscat (TAISM) is truly a special place for international educators and the community of learners they support. We are excited to announce an extraordinary opportunity for a High School Principal to join our leadership team in August, 2021.
Established in 1998, TAISM is situated between the majestic Hajar mountains and the beautiful Gulf of Oman. Built to support the development of the whole-person, our campus covers over 77,000 square meters of land, and houses state-of-the art facilities that includes 51 classrooms complemented by science labs, libraries, visual arts studios, music rooms, expansive athletic and recreation facilities, and the world-class Donald and Eloise Bosch Center for the Performing Arts. Our learning environment extends beyond the core subjects of English, math, science and social studies. TAISM’s total Pre-K through Grade 12 learner population of 600 (2020-21) embraces a diverse student body comprising more than 60 nationalities and explores a broad-based program of music, art, world languages, physical fitness and athletics, opportunities for service, and fully integrated information technology.
Reporting to the School Director, TAISM’s High School Principal leads a faculty of over 30 top-notch educators supporting 190 students in grades 9-12. The overarching goal of the High School Principal is to provide programs, activities, and exceptional learning opportunities that support the school’s mission, core beliefs, learning principles, and learner profile. A close collaboration with the School Director, Middle and elementary School Principals, Curriculum Director, and EdTech Director is at the core of the school’s successful Learning Leadership team.
With proven expertise as a high school administrator, our ideal candidate has demonstrated strengths in strategic leadership and innovation, adapting an American High School program that includes Advanced Placement (AP) courses, within the framework of the Standards-Based Learning System (SBLS). Whether classes are on campus or online, the High School Principal fosters commitment to maintaining the integrity of TAISM’s academic standards. Outstanding parent interest and participation offer the selected candidate the opportunity to focus on student learning through instructional leadership, curriculum development and individual care.
The ideal candidate brings to this role proven accomplishments in the following key competencies:
- Exceptional team leadership demonstrated through vision and values
- Finely honed collaborative abilities demonstrated through successful relationship building with peers, teachers, students and parents
- Outstanding communication skills, both in writing and in public presentation
- Highly developed problem identification and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to adapt, innovate and foster a sense of community both within and outside the high school
“Must Have” Qualifications:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Master’s Degree (with an emphasis in educational leadership) from a North American university
- Experience administering at the secondary level in a school providing an American standards-based learning system
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate online learning opportunities
- Principal’s Certification
TAISM will not consider applications from candidates without the “Must Have” qualifications.
"Nice to Have" Qualifications:
- American International school principal experience
- Experience teaching at the high school level
- Experience with Common Core US standards and AERO curriculum frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of the Common Core (USA) in Mathematics and Language Arts
- Advanced Placement (AP) experience
- Proficiency in the use of PowerSchool or similar for student data and master scheduling
Much more than just an administrator, in this role you are an ambassador for TAISM. If being TAISM’s High School principal is the next step in your career, we welcome your application through TAISM’s Careers page. Our online system is our exclusive mechanism for managing your application. Submission via email will not be considered.