< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jan 22, 21
Feb 26, 21
Title – PYP Coordinator
Line Manager – Primary School Principal – Learning Continuum Director
Associations - Primary Principal, Vice Principals, IB Coordinators
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) Coordinator actively promotes the ISP and the IB mission, vision and values. They model a growth mind-set and sustain a culture of trust and respect. The PYP Coordinator is committed to collaborative practice and is solution oriented. The PYP Coordinator is a member of the Primary School Leadership Team (PLT), reporting to the Primary School Principal and Learning Continuum Director. The PYP Coordinator fulfills a pedagogical leadership role and works closely with the Vice-principal (Organization) to ensure the effective implementation and development of the IB programme.
Teaching and Learning at ISP:
ISP holds the prestigious IB World School status and is the first school in Paris fully authorised to offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme. As a member school of the IB global learning community, we share a common commitment to the goals and standards of the IB, which complement those of ISP.
The three programmes - PYP, MYP and DP - encourage students' academic advancement and promote their development as active and compassionate community members.
ISP holds accredited member status from two premier accreditation organisations: the Council of International Schools (CIS) in Europe and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) in the United States.
This means that our School's philosophy, governance, curriculum, resources and staffing meet rigorous standards set by these international school organisations.
Learning Objectives - Educating for Complexity & The IB Learner Profile:
Educating for Complexity - We strongly promote an inquiry-based approach and we recognise the importance of a meaningful, relevant and engaging curriculum that connects students to real-world contexts for their learning. We are keenly aware of the need to adapt our teaching and learning model to respond to the needs of our students in a world of fast-paced change.
As a fully authorised IB World School, ISP follows the philosophy and guidelines laid out by the International Baccalaureate, including its commitment to international education.
The IB learner profile runs across all three IB programmes and, is central to the definition of what it means to be internationally-minded.
A Unique School / Three Campuses
ISP is quite unique as one school but with three campuses. A Primary School site, a Middle School (Grade 6 to 9) site and a High School (Grade 10 to 12) site. This provides opportunities for tailored delivery of the three IB programmes. The campuses are all approximately ten minutes walking distance from each other. At the same time this also creates some unique management, organisational, logistical and programme continuity complexities.
- Undertake areas of delegation from the Principal and report regularly on progress.
- Collaborate closely with the Principal, the Learning Continuum Director, Vice-Principals and the other members of the Primary School Leadership Team and Middle Leadership Team in the evaluation and development of the programme.
- Provide pedagogical guidance to the Primary School Middle Leadership Team.
- Ensure the coordination and documentation of the curriculum according to the IB Programme standards and practices.
- Work with the Learning Continuum Director, MYP and DP coordinators to ensure the articulation of the programme.
- Liaise with the IB and keep records of all correspondence with IB offices.
- Communicate with the IB regional office regarding programme evaluation visits and prepare effectively for any IB visits.
- Ensure that the school meets all IB deadlines and follows the regulations.
- Keep the PLT, faculty and parents informed about IB programme implementation and development.
- Advise the Primary School Principal on the recruitment of teachers and participate in the process of attributing positions of responsibility internally.
- Gain support for and be an advocate of the IB programme across the community.
- Lead and coordinate Parent Learning Workshops as outlined in the Parent Learning Schedule.
Curriculum planning, documentation and development:
- In collaboration with the Vice-Principals, organize the schedule of collaborative planning, curriculum development meetings, the curriculum review cycle and the assessment timeline.
- Facilitate collaborative planning meetings.
- Monitor the assessment and evaluation of student work in cooperation with the Primary School Middle Leadership Team and the Vice-Principal (Organization).
- Work with the Vice-principal (Organization) to ensure effective reporting on student learning.
- Support teachers in the development of assessment tasks and tools in line with the school’s policy on assessment.
- Support teachers in the orientation of students new to the programme.
- Provide comprehensive information on the IB PYP to parents.
- Facilitate curriculum review and development in collaboration with the Principal, Learning Continuum Director and Vice-Principals.
- Develop an understanding of the other IB programmes in order to aid articulation of the curriculum.
- Advise the Principal on appropriate professional development opportunities in relation to the programme.
- Work with the leadership teams in organizing and providing curriculum orientation for new members of staff.
- Develop the professional capacity of the faculty through mentoring, modelling of inquiry-based learning, and engagement with the appraisal and professional development processes.
- Monitor the resourcing of teaching and learning and ensure the effective use of resources in collaboration with the Middle Leadership Team.
Preferred Skills, Dispositions & Experience:
- Experience in working as a member of a school leadership team.
- Recognised Teaching Qualifications.
- 2 years or more years of leadership and management experience in an IB PYP School
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement the PYP
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Self-sufficient, independent, flexible, resourceful and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, parents and community members
- Demonstrate an ability to inspire and motivate people (i.e., staff, parents and students) and instill accountability and achievement in all
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences
- IT literate and experienced in the effective use of technology for learning
- Commitment to modelling and promoting the school’s vision, mission and guiding statements
- Ability to ensure that at all times the school’s curriculum provides a safe, supportive learning environment for students, teachers and all other members of the ISP community
- Understanding of and ability to promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence
- The ability to speak French would be an advantage
Contract terms and conditions:
The PYP Coordinator will be working over 190 days from September to August and will teach 9 hours a week.
The position requires flexible hours to accommodate evening/weekend meetings and events.
The salary will be competitive and depend on experience and qualifications.
Preferred starting date: August 2021
Please send a two-page maximum curriculum vitae, a two-page maximum cover letter, and names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees including your current line manager to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26nd, 2021
NB: Candidate’s background investigation will be completed prior to final approval of employment